rf7iii pair towers and rc64iii center. Need to know what kind of set up with amp and pre amp or how that works and which brands and power per channel to go with?

JoeJoeThe3rd

Ok so I’m almost positive I’m going with the xpa 3 gen 3, and I’m pretty interested in the brand Yamaha for the receiver and I like both the rxa880 and the rxa1080. Or I’m interested in the anthem mrx 520 but the only draw back is it’s only 5.2 and I really want at least a 7.2. I’m really up for anything at this point, I’ve been trying to take in as much information as I can but I feel like I’m LD it’s actually quite frustrating cause it’s just hard to understand what the heck all this stuff means. Also I can learn other peoples options but not really get the opportunity to hear it for myself without putting forwth a lot of effort. Like I said I’m up for suggestions. I just want these babies to sound amazing and I want the best possible brand receiver that will mesh perfectly with these type of klipsch speakers.  I guess I haven’t really looked into Dennon that much or onkyo or integra and integra is what I have now and I actually love the sound of it. What other receiver brands are there? 

• Like 1

Take a deep breath.......... It's only music after all:) First are you sure you want to spend a bunch of cash this soon after your brothers passing? If so we love to help other people spend their money:) To me it sounds like you have made a wise decision on the part that accounts for 90% or more of the sound, the speakers! Your Integra will make them make music, you don't need to rush to buy all the other stuff. Just my $0.02

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Take a deep breath.......... It's only music after all:) First are you sure you want to spend a bunch of cash this soon after your brothers passing? If so we love to help other people spend their money:) To me it sounds like you have made a wise decision on the part that accounts for 90% or more of the sound, the speakers! Your Integra will make them make music, you don't need to rush to buy all the other stuff. Just my $0.02

I’m sure I want to spend the money. I’ve talked with audio solutions and they said they could let me try out any of there receivers in my house to see how I like them before I by them. I love my little integra but I think I’ve already damaged one of my speakers because I didn’t have enough power going to it because ok the right floor standing speaker I get a distortion on it now. Also I want to be able to play these bad boys loud. Yes they are very efficient speakers and the horns on them are amazingly efficient but those dual 10” woofers are gonna take some power at high volumes. I don’t want it to be all horn and no woofer. Also I just am simply ready to upgrade everything and not half *** it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David y said:

Why do you recommend that product kind sir?

Because of my great experiences with NAD.  I am currently using a 10+ years old NAD T175 preamp/processor in my main family room rig and until it craps out or I find a great deal on a modern NAD or Anthem pre/pro or near flagship AVR, the T175 will stay right where it is.

Bill

12 hours ago, willland said:

Because of my great experiences with NAD.  I am currently using a 10+ years old NAD T175 preamp/processor in my main family room rig and until it craps out or I find a great deal on a modern NAD or Anthem pre/pro or near flagship AVR, the T175 will stay right where it is.

Bill

What makes bad stand out besides it’s long lifespan?

1 hour ago, David y said:

What makes NAD stand out besides it’s long lifespan?

I think the sound quality is fantastic.  NAD is one of those companies that focuses their gear on "music first" as opposed to the "HT first".  They really do both very well.  Some other companies can say the same thing.  Honestly, just MY preference.  Most on this forum have their "favorites" and NAD happens to be mine.

Bill

3 hours ago, willland said:

I think the sound quality is fantastic.  NAD is one of those companies that focuses their gear on "music first" as opposed to the "HT first".  They really do both very well.  Some other companies can say the same thing.  Honestly, just MY preference.  Most on this forum have their "favorites" and NAD happens to be mine.

Bill

I like the sound of that cause I love to listen to music maybe more than movies and imo more important than movies. what are some of those other companies that focus on Music first but do both quite well. 

5 hours ago, David y said:

what are some of those other companies that focus on Music first but do both quite well. 

Anthem is the first to pop to my head.  Now I am not saying anything negative about the more common brands like Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo/Integra, Denon, etc.  They all have their quality upper tier models that perform very well for both music and movies. 

Bill

On 6/18/2020 at 4:36 AM, willland said:

Anthem is the first to pop to my head.  Now I am not saying anything negative about the more common brands like Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo/Integra, Denon, etc.  They all have their quality upper tier models that perform very well for both music and movies. 

Bill

Right I catch your drift and appreciate your recommendations. Just trying to find some of the best matches for klipsch speakers. What klipsch speakers like to be paired with the most I guess. 

1 minute ago, David y said:

Just trying to find some of the best matches for klipsch speakers. What klipsch speakers like to be paired with the most I guess. 

As you can see from my gear profile,  I have a buffet of different brands(NAD, CA, Onkyo, Yamaha, Acurus, Oppo, Panasonic) in my setups.  All sound great to me.

Bill

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 4:37 AM, willland said:

As you can see from my gear profile,  I have a buffet of different brands(NAD, CA, Onkyo, Yamaha, Acurus, Oppo, Panasonic) in my setups.  All sound great to me.

Bill

Isee. So I’m not 100% what receiver I’m getting but I’m gonna text a couple out when my speakers get here at the end of the month. Or I guess I could text them out now with my old klipsch speakers blehhh. But I’m gonna but the emotiva xpa 3 gen 3 3 channel power amp for my front three rf7iii and my rc64iii. Is there any other kind of amp or processor or dac or Just extra step, whatever that would be smart to pair with the power amp and my receiver and the speaks that would be a good idea just to help everything run smoothly and everything sound amazing?? 

• 3 weeks later...