Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoeThe3rd

Svs pb16 ultra issues

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

 

10 or 15 daytons would outperform it... 

 

10" loaded Table Tuba.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

 

10 or 15 daytons would outperform it... 

what is a dayton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m acually thinking about going with the Captivator 4000ulf because I like the deep bass extension of it. The orbital shift subwoofer the jtr makes are crazy intense and the dbs they can push at around 100 frequency range is insane around and over 130 is awesome. But I just like the capability of the low end extension and the ability for a sub to really dig deeper into those lower frequencies and do it powerfully! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, David y said:

what is a dayton?

 

Dayton subs. They have a few models and configurations.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya I’m think about getting the cap2400 or the cap4000. But then I did some more research on psa subwoofers and noticed they have better mid bass. Which I don’t want to miss out on but the thing that I really want the most is a subwoofer that can really dig down into those low deep frequencies (ulf) like the jtr suns can do but also don’t want to miss out on the mids. My rf7iiis should be ready to set up anyway once I get my receiver in the mail. Combined with the quad 10” with the rf7iiis do you guys think that would be sufficient adequate enough mid bass so then all I would really have to worry about is the ulf. So therefore I would go with a jtr subwoofer. Also what is your guys opinion on which sub, Jtr or psa. Probably cap2400 or 4000 or the psa tv36 ipal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David y said:

 So therefore I would go with a jtr subwoofer.

speak with @Youthman   for the jtr captivator s2. he has experience using that sub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no question you will get more bang for your buck with DIY. Not sure many would argue with that. 

I used to have (4) Klipsch RSW-15's. Fantastic subs but one amp failed (others likely to follow being they were over 15 yrs old) and they dropped like a rock below 20Hz.

I like @David y wanted deeper extension. I reviewed a pair of PB16's and discovered they had plenty of output, dug deeper than the RSW-15's and simply sounded incredible. I sold the (4) RSW-15's and purchased the PB16's. 

Everyone kept telling my in the comments that if I liked SVS, I needed to hear JTR. I spoke to Jeff and told him I wanted to keep my subs behind my screen. The 4000ULF were about 3" too deep plus being ported, I knew they would blow the screen like the PB16's did (even though you could only see the ripples when the lights were on), he recommended dual Captivator RS2's.

Going from dual (2) 15's to (4) 18's was pretty insane. More output than I could ever fully utilize which means gobs of headroom so the amp and subs do not have to work as hard. The additional surface area pressurizes my room and is flat down to 10Hz in my room. The PB16's went to around 16Hz and fell off pretty quickly.

It didn't take me long to decide to sell my PB16's and upgrade once again. I always said if I ever upgrade from 15's, it would be to (4) 18's. I honestly do not see myself upgrading again as the RS2's are tight and articulate but deliver massive authority when needed. 


SVS makes great subs but JTR is on a completely different level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Youthman said:

There is no question you will get more bang for your buck with DIY. Not sure many would argue with that. 

I used to have (4) Klipsch RSW-15's. Fantastic subs but one amp failed (others likely to follow being they were over 15 yrs old) and they dropped like a rock below 20Hz.

I like @David y wanted deeper extension. I reviewed a pair of PB16's and discovered they had plenty of output, dug deeper than the RSW-15's and simply sounded incredible. I sold the (4) RSW-15's and purchased the PB16's. 

Everyone kept telling my in the comments that if I liked SVS, I needed to hear JTR. I spoke to Jeff and told him I wanted to keep my subs behind my screen. The 4000ULF were about 3" too deep plus being ported, I knew they would blow the screen like the PB16's did (even though you could only see the ripples when the lights were on), he recommended dual Captivator RS2's.

Going from dual (2) 15's to (4) 18's was pretty insane. More output than I could ever fully utilize which means gobs of headroom so the amp and subs do not have to work as hard. The additional surface area pressurizes my room and is flat down to 10Hz in my room. The PB16's went to around 16Hz and fell off pretty quickly.

It didn't take me long to decide to sell my PB16's and upgrade once again. I always said if I ever upgrade from 15's, it would be to (4) 18's. I honestly do not see myself upgrading again as the RS2's are tight and articulate but deliver massive authority when needed. 


SVS makes great subs but JTR is on a completely different level.

Yooo what’s up youth man. You were a lot of the reason I got the pb16 is the first place then right after I got it I saw you upgraded to jtr and was like nooooo, now I need one lol. Ya I bet that was an insane upgrade and I really want to hear the jtr subs for myself. I don’t have a screen I need to worry about and I like how the cap2400 and 4000 are more powerful down low so I think I’d rather go with those. So if the cap 4000 would of fitted behind your screen and wouldn’t of interfered with it at all are you saying you would of gone with a cap4000? I like the rs2 but I like how powerful the cap4000s down low. But then again I will probably be listening to music a lot on my system and the rs2 would probably be better for that. But I think the cap2400 or 4000 would be no slouch either. Considering I’m really going for something that’s very powerful in the ulf but also not wanting to miss out on the mids and also taking into consideration my system consists of dual rf7iiis and some other floor standing speakers for surrounds what do you think would be my best choice. I can’t believe youthman Responded to one of my posts lol I love you videos and I hope all is good with you kind sir. Thanks again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David y said:

So if the cap 4000 would of fitted behind your screen and wouldn’t of interfered with it at all are you saying you would of gone with a cap4000?

Absolutely. I heard a system that had 3 of them. It was quite exhilarating but Tony had it dialed in so that it wasn't overwhelming at all and blended seamlessly with the rest of his system. 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, David y said:

But then again I will probably be listening to music a lot on my system and the rs2 would probably be better for that.

We demoed music and movies at Tony's house for probably 2hrs straight. The 4000ULF sounded absolutely incredible, even in 2ch music.

 

If you have the space, I would absolutely go with the 4000ULF. It will be your last sub upgrade (unless you decide to add a second down the road to help smooth out the bass response in your room).

 

2 hours ago, David y said:

I can’t believe youthman Responded to one of my posts lol I love you videos and I hope all is good with you kind sir.

I'm glad @RandyH000 tagged me. Just an FYI, you can tag people by typing @ and then clicking on their name in the list. Now that I'm doing Youthman Reviews full-time, I do not have near as much free time to hang out in the Klipsch forum as I used to but still love this community and what Klipsch provides.

Speaking of Klipsch, I'm going to get back to editing my review of The Fives. Be blessed!

Michael

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the information Michael it’s much appreciated and much needed. I mean I have enough space in my room but do you think my room would possibly be too small. My room is 17 by 16 by 22 with the hallway the extends into the bathroom, with 8 foot ceiling. I know it’s gonna be crazy amounts of bass but to be honest that’s what I want. The pb16 was nice but I wanted more! I want to be captivated! Btw awesome video @Youthman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...