george wright sound 3.5 mono blocks

robertod

On 8/23/2020 at 7:17 PM, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Nicely written.  My comment was about the typical E.E.  Not you it seems !!

Here you are scroll down a little, ...........starts with photos of RED 2A3 amps / Dennis Fraker :

https://www.stereophile.com/content/rmaf-2016-sunday-show-herb

I decided to take look at this, even though it's from an audio publication I have little (if any) respect for.

Biggest problem? This year, Dennis played Rosanne Cash singing "When Your Master Calls the Roll" from the album The River & The Thread, and it sounded exactly as (I imagine) God intended it to. Yes, Ms. Cash had "presence," but she also had depth and human soul. Her pure-female Carter-family persona was in the room with us.

So what do I find wrong with this? Not good enough, certainly not good enough for me. Wrong audio objective entirely.

First of all, those tiny rooms cluttered with equipment & crowed people at audio shows are one of the worst places to hear anything. The majority of rooms are basically the size of bedrooms.

IMO, Rosanne Cash should NOT be "in-the-room". The playback system StereoPhool's Herb Reichert speaks of with Fraker's amps & speakers obviously isn't good enough to "take YOU there". And Robert Fulton was another nut who didn't know his dupa from a hole in the ground.

EDIT: Jeffery, if this makes you sad, or you think what I said is sad, it's time for you to pick yourself up, and get up to the next level(s).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/26/2020 at 6:23 AM, tube fanatic said:

Jeffrey, I’m going to need to see some science which supports many of your recommendations.  Let’s start with your belief that using multiple resistors in parallel is better than using a single resistor.   Why will that make an amp sound better, and why do they have to be matched so closely?  I will have many other questions as this proceeds.  

Maynard

Oh Maynard.............surely you know that TWO resistors sound Two times as good as only one resistor. And it's completely logical. Especially when the purveyor of such technological improvements is constantly proclaiming less is more. 🤢

Just like his proclamations regarding the stock market. I guess less is more there too(for him). 🤑

• Like 1
  • Sad 1