Heresy in pawn shop, part II

michael hurd

Well, I couldn't wait any longer, I made the 120 km drive after work to view the heresy's again, and this is what I have determined : They are Heresy I, birch, black. Type E2 crossover, k77 tweeters, k53 sqwakers, plastic lenses for the sqwakers, and k22-(?)k ? The pawn shop let me take the rear panels off to inspect them. I bartered with the owner and have settled on the price of $ 425. Now, I just have to wait until payday, unless i can convince the girlfriend to by me them, and I will pay her back...hmm... Decisions, decisions....

My son just got a set of Heresy I speakers (2) off of Ebay for about $300! I send him of to school and this is how he shows me respect?

He got the bid with 13 seconds to go. He says they sound absolutely wonderful. Little dings on the back, top corners. They are black, circa '81.

I suppose he will now use the old JBLs for rears, but he hasn't told me yet. I had to put my building of LaScalas on hold, to send him away to school and then he does this to me!

Hope you enjoy yours when you get them.

Marvel

Upset. Of course not. Only that he has the speakers in Florida while I am here in North Georgia. I can't even convince him to let me have the JBLs (which are about 30 years old) to use as MY rear speakers. Actually, I'm impressed that he pulled it off.

I am glad I brought him up to know what good speakers are really like. I've just about decided that I should find some Heresy pairs for myself. They would be cheaper that the LS and take up much less room.

Marvel