Klipsch Tangent 4000 and Tangent 5000

Msuwendy

1 minute ago, Msuwendy said:

Hi all

Has anyone hear this speaker side by side as a comparison? 4000 uses front ports and the 5000 uses passive radiators, would love to know hows the bass response? 

I cant find much about these speaker and how do they compare to each other

Thanks

Look in the archive with a search while waiting...

45 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

Yes i do find the tangent 5000 review alone, but couldnt find the 4000 and the 5000

So far i got chorus 2 and T5000 and the fortes 1 and 2 and T5000

Thanks

Look for the T- 400 and the T-500 models. Basically the same or similar enough. Since you have the 5000 , you know the bass sound. It was good on the 500 but, I will go for  400/4000 next time.

Do the search and others will come to chime in... @Marvel

@alexanderfa@Alexander

54 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

Has anyone hear this speaker side by side as a comparison? 4000 uses front ports and the 5000 uses passive radiators, would love to know hows the bass response? 

the 4000  is  shorter than a 5000  by 5 inches------the 4000  is roughly the size of a Forte 2 , Both the 4000-5000 are very similar in performance to the Forte speakers -

That's right, the t4000 has forward facing ports and not a passive like the t5000s, haven't thought of that in a while.

The t5000 in a somewhat crowded 12x13ft bedroom is rather bass heavy at elevated volumes. But they work great for low volume levels for going to sleep at night listening to things like Stephen Peppos, Scott August or even Adam Hurst.

I should add that I am not a large bass fan when listening to music. If it is in the recording great but I do not want to exaggerate it in any way.

The T400/500 use the same woofer as the Heresy 2, the 8 ohm K-24. 

The T4000 uses a K-27(?).

The T5000 uses the same woofer as the Heresy 3, the 4 ohm K-28.

I have owned Heresy 2s, Forte 2s, Tangent 500s and Tangent 5000s (short list).

I still own the T-5000s. Did a head to head against the Forte 2s in the middle of the room once and actually preferred them. Did not expect that...

While I was tinkering with crossovers in my LaScalas I was pleasantly surprised by their capability filling their space during the down time.  Did not expect that one either...

I have not owned the T4000, but not only does the bass spec lower than the T4000 on the T5000 (38 vs 35hz), the efficiency is 2db higher (97 vs 99 dbl). That difference would be noticeable. And I have no idea what a K-27 is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, billybob said:

Look for the T- 400 and the T-500 models. Basically the same or similar enough. Since you have the 5000 , you know the bass sound. It was good on the 500 but, I will go for  400/4000 next time.

Do the search and others will come to chime in... @Marvel

@alexanderfa@Alexander

I have the T4000 and found a T5000 in the listing thinking if i should get it for an upgrade, thats why i need an opinion

8 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the 4000  is  shorter than a 5000  by 5 inches------the 4000  is roughly the size of a Forte 2 , Both the 4000-5000 are very similar in performance to the Forte speakers -

Thanks for the response, i need to know if its a great upgrade or just to left it alone

7 hours ago, Alexander said:

That's right, the t4000 has forward facing ports and not a passive like the t5000s, haven't thought of that in a while.

The t5000 in a somewhat crowded 12x13ft bedroom is rather bass heavy at elevated volumes. But they work great for low volume levels for going to sleep at night listening to things like Stephen Pepin, Scott August or even Adam Hurst.

I should add that I am not a large bass fan when listening to music. If it is in the recording great but I do not want to exaggerate it in any way.

Thanks

6 hours ago, geoff. said:

The T400/500 use the same woofer as the Heresy 2, the 8 ohm K-24. 

The T4000 uses a K-27(?).

The T5000 uses the same woofer as the Heresy 3, the 4 ohm K-28.

I have owned Heresy 2s, Forte 2s, Tangent 500s and Tangent 5000s (short list).

I still own the T-5000s. Did a head to head against the Forte 2s in the middle of the room once and actually preferred them. Did not expect that...

While I was tinkering with crossovers in my LaScalas I was pleasantly surprised by their capability filling their space during the down time.  Did not expect that one either...

I have not owned the T4000, but not only does the bass spec lower than the T4000 on the T5000 (38 vs 35hz), the efficiency is 2db higher (97 vs 99 dbl). That difference would be noticeable. And I have no idea what a K-27 is.

Thanks for the opnion above, i got my self a chorus2 but need one more smaller size, thats why i got the klipsch T4000, its kindda lack of bass, waiting for crites ti dia and saving for the crossover but if it the T5000 is better id rather save the upgrade for T5000

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

At least now your getting some information. FWIW I trust these guys opinions.

Think a recap on either might be the ticket.

More research...hang in there.

Yeap thanks a lot, recap is a must but quite a budget if i need to recap all of them, cause from the research the tagent seems to be the oddball or so called "budget" Klipsch, i dont think i would want to keep both of it

Out of the topic a bit for the 3 way klipsch, aside from the new so called heritage line (heresy, fortes, la scala and the klipscorn) the older discontinue model quartet and chorus (1 and 2), the last 3 way will be the KLF right? Or there are more? 

18 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

Yeap thanks a lot, recap is a must but quite a budget if i need to recap all of them, cause from the research the tagent seems to be the oddball or so called "budget" Klipsch, i dont think i would want to keep both of it

Out of the topic a bit for the 3 way klipsch, aside from the new so called heritage line (heresy, fortes, la scala and the klipscorn) the older discontinue model quartet and chorus (1 and 2), the last 3 way will be the KLF right? Or there are more? 

Not heritage old main line including the Belle, there is the KG line, the Legend line of 1 two way, and 2, 3 way Klf. And then there is the awesome Epic series 2 way Appolatino  design speakers. Fortes may be called extended Heritage by some. Except for the Belle, already mentioned in the main heritage, there is the awesome Cornwall of course.

27 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

As far as recap, this should not cost a sack of money. You should be able to recap for both using decent but not exotic caps, of which members here are well versed. DIY with just a little soldering skills, also spoken of here.

This has been posted many times before but we will say it again – you will want to remove all drivers and re-seal all the seams inside the cabs. I used the original Gorilla glue on these t5000s - this can make a night and day difference to the sound. I have also used construction adhesive on many other cabs too.

Also for the most part the difference between the the t4000 & t5000 is the former has the k76 tweeter and the t5000 has the bit better k75 tweeter.

So for re-capping xo's - you can used either Dayton or Solen caps. But by no means are they the best but still a big step up from the stock caps just the same. I used Solen's in my set of t5000s and they really woke them up.

BTW, the Crites xo's are just a remake of the OEM schematic and not some special design. But if you have the $$ and not the skill set to DIY than there is nothing wrong going that route.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, billybob said:

Not heritage old main line including the Belle, there is the KG line, the Legend line of 1 two way, and 2, 3 way Klf. And then there is the awesome Epic series 2 way Appolatino  design speakers. Fortes may be called extended Heritage by some. Except for the Belle, already mentioned in the main heritage, there is the awesome Cornwall of course.

ah yes the mighty Cornwall and Belle, thanks for the update lineup

On 11/9/2020 at 11:18 AM, billybob said:

As far as recap, this should not cost a sack of money. You should be able to recap for both using decent but not exotic caps, of which members here are well versed. DIY with just a little soldering skills, also spoken of here.

Yeap ill look into that

On 11/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, Alexander said:

This has been posted many times before but we will say it again – you will want to remove all drivers and re-seal all the seams inside the cabs. I used the original Gorilla glue on these t5000s - this can make a night and day difference to the sound. I have also used construction adhesive on many other cabs too.

Also for the most part the difference between the the t4000 & t5000 is the former has the k76 tweeter and the t5000 has the bit better k75 tweeter.

So for re-capping xo's - you can used either Dayton or Solen caps. But by no means are they the best but still a big step up from the stock caps just the same. I used Solen's in my set of t5000s and they really woke them up.

BTW, the Crites xo's are just a remake of the OEM schematic and not some special design. But if you have the $$ and not the skill set to DIY than there is nothing wrong going that route.

Sorry to keep bringing up the topic, i do google but no one seems to have it both at the same time and review it, ok i might lack the skill of soldering but if you can help me any detail of caps value to put change the stock, ill find someone who can help me do it, and thanks for the input regarding to reseal ill do it thanks

• Like 1

Hi All

Thanks for all the response

ill answer it myself, yesterday i bought the T500/T5000 and here is my review to compare the T400/T4000 but heres is the problem i think the previous owner might have changed the active woofer so this comparison might not be accurate as the original ones but ill share it anyway 

The T500/T5000 have a deeper and bigger bass response compare to the T400/T4000 but that doesn't mean that we can have the "in your face" kind of bass, i think after owning Chorus 2, Tangent T400/4000 and Tangent T500/T5000 i can say that the bass character if klipsch is more to the "real" feeling of music itself not the "big fake" bass response, comparing the tweeter and squawker they are both almost identical to my ear 

comparing to the other brand such as the Wharfedale Linton that i own, that "big" bookshelf have more greater bass than the big T500/T5000 but it does lack the on the details and the soundstage, klipsch soundstage is awesome most of them are wide

as for my own setup i do use supplementary 10" subwoofer from the Wharfedale SW150, it helps to fill in the gap 

• Like 1

Here is the t5000 schematic I received from Crites and it did match what was in my pair of speakers. I point this out only because there is(was?) another listed at one time that was incorrect. And BTW here is a link to the area where many schematics are posted

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/113804-klipsch-crossovers/

t5000xo.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Here is the t5000 schematic I received from Crites and it did match what was in my pair of speakers. I point this out only because there is(was?) another listed at one time that was incorrect. And BTW here is a link to the area where many schematics are posted

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/113804-klipsch-crossovers/

t5000xo.png

Thanks a lot really this is veru helpfull

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Msuwendy said:

So i manage to disassemble the speaker and found out that this is the T500 not the T5000

Tweeter k76k

Squawker K53K

Woofer k24k

And ku120 at the passive

Yes all of it is original not replacement

Just what I had, a stocker set.