Question for BobG

TheEAR

I have a simple question here for ya Bob

It may sound strange but I would like to know the magnet weight(or motor structure weight)of the Klipsch RSW10,RSW12 and RSW15(heard its around 30lbs).When I did open the KSW12 I almost got a heart attack!The magnet is the size of a pea! LOL

Just for fun would you know? I am too lazy to unscrew the bolts and take a peek indide my RSW10 and 15.Did this with the Revel,Sunfire and Velodyne.And besides pics can be found online

Thanks in advance

I think it's resonable to assume they're telling the truth. The RSW-15 weighs 85 pounds, so 85-30 pounds leaves you 55 pounds. And I have seen the plate amps for DIY projects that are rated at 650 watts, and they weigh about 15-20 pounds, assuming that the plate amp on the RSW-15 is about this, that leaves you with about 35 pounds. And 35 is about right for an enclosure that size.

Its quite obvious to me BobG has no answer or does not see my posts.I'll know better next time,not ask anything since what I ask is too complex or of no imortance to Mr Bob.

I did not ask for the Tesla value in the VC gap of each of the magnets here after all,just simple weight!!

Is it really so funny? What secrets does BobbyG hiding,the magnets on the RSW10 and 12 are pea sized like on the KSW series!Well in this case I will borrow the key from my Klipsch dealer and remove the active driver and post pics here soon.

Klipsch will not hide anything to me. 3.gif

Oh yes for comparison I will post pics of the Sunfire Mark II active driver and the RSW10 driver side by side!How about it? 9.gif

it doesn't matter what the weight of the magnet is, its what comes thumpin at your chest that tells the real story. And most companies don't spec T/S parameters because in reality no 2 woofers will ever be alike. Also T/S parameters change after "break-in" if you like to use that term. out of curiosity i may just find out how much they weigh.

"it doesn't matter what the weight of the magnet is"

I know,like I said I wanted to have the info out of curiosity.BobG does not want to say the does NOT know,prefers to duck the question. LOL

For example just for fun the Veldodyne HGS18 has a ~280oz magnetic structure,Sunfire SIg. a ~220oz magnetic structure.The Revel B15 a 200oz magnetic structure(120oz magnet).The Aerial SW12 a ~250oz magnetic structure.

And so on...RSW15 a 30lbs magnetic structure...