Marantz integrated amp recommendations, plz!

btlancaster24

Hello,

After posting my first thread for advice / recommendations for an integrated amp to pair with my Klipsch KG2's I have decided on Marantz.  However, I could really use some advice / recommendations for which Marantz would pair best with my Klipsch KG2's.  My preferred way of listening to music is via TIDAL.  I have currently been using a Chromecast Audio to stream to my Denon DRA-25.  But I am very curious to hear how HEOS compares to using a Chromecast Audio.  I'm not interested in getting higher than CD quality streaming via TIDAL.  All feedback greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  I hope it's ok to ask you guys for help with the selection of a new or used Marantz integrated amp.  The photo I've attached is of my speakers.  At this point, I'm not interested in buying more speakers.  I'd really like to just use the set I have with a Marantz.  This photo is the backside passive radiator on the left and the front with the grill off on the right.  They are 65 watts RMS at 4 ohms.  I'm just looking for a 2 channel integrated amp by Marantz.  However, I've never owned one before and the only store in my area (Lafayette, IN) is Best Buy (they do not carry Marantz).

9339CE27-E115-47ED-BB41-8EED2E921F46_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by btlancaster24
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Hello again, Are you looking for new or vintage 70's integrated Marantz?

Others will assist as before!

Hey, billybob!  As I had mentioned in my post.  I'd like to buy either a new or used integrated Marantz that will pair well with my Klipsch KG2's.  My primary choice of listening to music is streaming via TIDAL.  I'd also like some feedback on HEOS vs Chromecast Audio.  I'm only trying to stream CD quality audio. 

Edited by btlancaster24
  • Like 1

Just now, btlancaster24 said:

Thanks, wuzzer.  Have you used HEOS before?  If so, how does it compare to Chromecast Audio?

I have not.  For streaming I use Pandora through my TV.  My receiver is a 2004 Sony ES that of course has no bluetooth or anything like that.  It sounds more than fine to me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I have not.  For streaming I use Pandora through my TV.  My receiver is a 2004 Sony ES that of course has no bluetooth or anything like that.  It sounds more than fine to me. 

My Denon amp is old and has a problem with the right channel + distortion sometimes ( probably not worth fixing).  Plus, the loudness knob is busted off.  So, I'm ready to replace it with a Marantz but I need some help choosing as far as the model that would pair best with my Klipsch KG2's. 

Edited by btlancaster24

29 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Realistically, any modern Marantz that has these features you need is going to work great.  Just find one that's in the price range you're comfortable with and you're good to go. 

I’m willing to spend about $1000 but I just want to make sure it’s well spent.  I’m not saying I want to spend $1000 if I don’t have to.  But I don’t really want to spend more than $1000.  

It is kind of interesting to compare the specs of the Marantz NR1200 against the PM7000N (which is double the price).

The NR1200 is a very versatile entry level amp with lots of connectivity, while the PM7000N is the audiophile cousin. The PM7000N would be a good 'long term investment' if you are after sound quality. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Just looking and after reading about and doing some comparison against other product, thinking

@wuzzzer has landed on the pick.

Has other features that come stock that may not want or use, or consider, has all of the essential features you request. Unless something else turns out to be more desirable, thinking that with free shipping and a 60 day return policy, this is it at the moment.

3 hours ago, ILI_MeloManiac said:

It is kind of interesting to compare the specs of the Marantz NR1200 against the PM7000N (which is double the price).

The NR1200 is a very versatile entry level amp with lots of connectivity, while the PM7000N is the audiophile cousin. The PM7000N would be a good 'long term investment' if you are after sound quality. 

Thank you, ILI_MeloManiac!  I appreciate your help!!  Where can I get the best price on the amps you mentioned?  I’m definitely after sound quality but I don’t need more than 96 kHz / 24 bit (this is what you get for $20 a month streaming from TIDAL).   44.1 kHz /16 bit is what I’ve been listening to from TIDAL HiFi for $9.99 a month on my iMac with an Audioquest Dragonfly Black + Jitterbug connected to Klipsch Pro Media computer speakers.  And I’ve been streaming TIDAL through my Denon and Klipsch KG2’s (even though the Denon has issues with the right channel + distortion + the loudness knob is busted off) via Chromecast Audio.   

Edited by btlancaster24

40 minutes ago, billybob said:

Just looking and after reading about and doing some comparison against other product, thinking

@wuzzzer has landed on the pick.

Has other features that come stock that may not want or use, or consider, has all of the essential features you request. Unless something else turns out to be more desirable, thinking that with free shipping and a 60 day return policy, this is it at the moment.

Thanks, billybob!  I appreciate your help!

• Like 1