FOR SALE: Klipsch RF-7 Speakers

pettyfeversk

Craig thinks when I hear those Heresy's I'm going to go completely goo-goo-ga-ga, and then kick my RF7's out of the house.

I can't possibly imagine -- but hell, I guess anything is possible.

I'm down to a pathetic 9 wpc. I said that would never happen either.

Since I'm running two systems, I'm sure the RF7's will always have a place. Personally, I don't think Heritage has a snowballs chance in hell of matching the refinement of the RF7's. Sorry.

As far as the Heresies being bass shy, I'm not even remotely concerned about it -- since I'll be strapping them to a SVS 20-39+ along with 500 pro watts.

I actually expect the Heresies and the Scott to jel pretty good together. That's really what it's all about -- the sound you end up with after you daisy chain everything together. Shoot, I'm one of those goofballs that still thinks Old Advents and a Dynaco 400 is magic. I thought the DQ's and the Aragon rocked too. It was just that I had to dump 1/2 the amp into them to get the sound I wanted.

In spite of Kelly's feelings regarding the SuperAmp, he never heard one with the RF7's, and I'm not even sure he ever heard the DJH version. That 'sound' was as close to what I'd been after my whole life that I ever got. I kind of felt like an idiot when I sold it because I let the channel imbalance problem get under my skin. It really sounded great, and I should have worked through the problem. Then the Apollos showed up, and I figured what the hell.

What I have now is everything I had then, along with this character of having every instrument delineated. The SuperAmp was definitely hotter on top, but I can't really say it had any more balls on the bottom. Oh yeah! Got me a whopping 5 on the damping factor scale -- beats the hell out of where the control is coming from. The point here is that the RF7's and the Apollos just mate in that magical kind of way.

At any rate, it's all about synergism -- and I'm hoping like all get out that the Heresies and Scott will do the same. If it works out well -- I'll probably start putting some money aside for some LaScala's, K-horns, or some kind of DIY thing from the Tom Brennen School of Old Ugly Horns. Right now, I just want to play and see how the squawker effects me.

If I ever sold the Apollos, it would only be because I had to, if like -- it was the only way to get the bigger horns. I would probably then put the Scott on the RF7's, and then try for some Wrights or Paramours -- which would be all I could afford.