Adding Parts Express foam gasket tape to my 1980 Heresys

wuzzzer

I found a 50 foot roll of Parts Express 1/8" thick, 3/8" wide foam speaker gasket on eBay that I should be getting in a week or so.  I'm going to use it to seal the backs of the 1980 Heresys I just purchased.  Since I'll have a ton of extra I'm wondering what else I should use it for in the speakers?  Should I use it for all the drivers?  Small piece behind the input terminal wires inside the back panel?

Looks like the gasket tape should be arriving today.  Thanks for everyone's suggestions!  😁

I'm going to seal the cabinet back with it, seal each of the drivers and also put a small piece behind the input terminals.  I know my 1981 Heresy center has gasket tape sealing the back already but I'm not sure about the drivers.  Since I'll have so much extra I'll do the drivers and input terminal on that as well. 

I put a 1/8 inch neoprene on the back hatch of both 1980 and 1984. 1984 are also lined with egg crate foam as they are super Heresy recipe. 

Do you still have the original terminal strips? I replaced mine with 5 way binding posts, much better!

6 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Do you still have the original terminal strips? I replaced mine with 5 way binding posts, much better!

I do.  Were you able to find ones that used the factory holes in the back panel?

On 12/27/2020 at 9:12 PM, wuzzzer said:

I found a 50 foot roll of Parts Express 1/8" thick, 3/8" wide foam speaker gasket on eBay that I should be getting in a week or so.  I'm going to use it to seal the backs of the 1980 Heresys I just purchased.  Since I'll have a ton of extra I'm wondering what else I should use it for in the speakers?  Should I use it for all the drivers?  Small piece behind the input terminal wires inside the back panel?

Sorry, I didn't see this.  I'd gasket every opening in the cabinet.

I didn’t try to, just put in new holes as I covered the inside of the back panel fully with 1/8 inch neoprene, and I wanted to move the posts to bottom of the panel.  I need to go back and fill the holes and repaint the outside of the panel for the 1980 set.

I converted the 1984 to super Heresy which use a port, so I made a new back panel for those.

i bought these from parts express... inexpensive but really solid.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-bpa-38g-hd-binding-post-banana-jack-pair-gold--091-1245