WTB K48-E

Proudpapa

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Proudpapa said:

Sorry for the late reply but Klipsch no longer supplies replacement parts for the older Heritage and other series speakers.

Thanks for the reply

did you get confirmation from klipsch on this?  ive been saying this for awhile but randy tells people klipsch has "99.99%" of parts for speakers.  would be nice to get a final word on these older parts.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

did you get confirmation from klipsch on this?  ive been saying this for awhile but randy tells people klipsch has "99.99%" of parts for speakers.  would be nice to get a final word on these older parts.  

it's not  called the  klipsch parts Dept for nothing ------or let me rephrase  it for you , the Official  Factory klipsch Parts Store  who supply the entire chain of klipsch Dealers with Factory parts ---- now due to Covid 19 ,  they may not be open to the wide public and readily available on the phone  ,  as they used to be ,   but trust me , they are active --

On 1/22/2021 at 7:08 AM, Proudpapa said:

Looking to buy a K48-E woofer for a Chorus II.

I’ve already bought a pair of Eminence replacements but would like to put the original OEM’s back in. Reconing is not an option because I only have 1 woofer. Long story short I bought these as a project.

Thank you

Thinking you will find the OEM k48e woofer is the original.

Eminence sold you something different?

23 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

it's not  called the  klipsch parts Dept for nothing ------or let me rephrase  it for you , the Official  Factory klipsch Parts Store  who supply the entire chain of klipsch Dealers with Factory parts ---- now due to Covid 19 ,  they may not be open to the wide public and readily available on the phone  ,  as they used to be ,   but trust me , they are active --

thanks for    letting me know the name of the Dept -------- i would be lost without that  ,   

my comment was regarding you saying they have 99.99% of all parts for older speakers---- or let me rephrase that for you  ,   they dont.     they may still carry some parts but ,   for many of the older model speakers-----   ,    they dont carry things like woofers, ports or grilles ,   etc.     call the Official   Factory Parts Store & try to order a KG 5.5 woofer, or a KLF 20/30 woofer,  or grilles for either model---   ,   or the original RF series misc parts like grilles & ports & let us know what they say.    ,    i never doubted  ,    they ,  are active  ---       

3 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

thanks for    letting me know the name of the Dept -------- i would be lost without that  ,   

my comment was regarding you saying they have 99.99% of all parts for older speakers---- or let me rephrase that for you  ,   they dont.     they may still carry some parts but ,   for many of the older model speakers-----   ,    they dont carry things like woofers, ports or grilles ,   etc.     call the Official   Factory Parts Store & try to order a KG 5.5 woofer, or a KLF 20/30 woofer,  or grilles for either model---   ,   or the original RF series misc parts like grilles & ports & let us know what they say.    ,    i never doubted  ,    they ,  are active  ---       

a Member on the forum , purchased New  KLF 30 Grilles made in the 90's  ..........2 years ago from the klipsch parts dept ,  and yes , klipsch Parts may have NOS  inventory and in cases where they do not ,Klipsch  can refer a client to a klipsch Dealer who may still have these NOS parts in their inventory  -do not assume anything until you reach Klipsch  Parts and they run the Request on their Computer -

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

a Member on the forum , purchased New  KLF 30 Grilles made in the 90's  ..........2 years ago from the klipsch parts dept ,  and yes , klipsch Parts may have NOS  inventory and in cases where they do not ,Klipsch  can refer a client to a klipsch Dealer who may still have these NOS parts in their inventory  -do not assume anything until you reach Klipsch  Parts and they run the Request on their Computer -

im not assuming anything... did you miss the part about my comment is regarding you saying they have 99.99% of parts for older speakers?  where did you come up with that 99.99% number?  i'm guessing its not even close to an accurate estimate of the parts they have for older models... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

im not assuming anything... did you miss the part about my comment is regarding you saying they have 99.99% of parts for older speakers?  where did you come up with that 99.99% number?  i'm guessing its not even close to an accurate estimate of the parts they have for older models... 

I never said  99.99% of parts for older speakers?----------the part for the "Older speakers " is something you assumed   on your own ----let me post your own words ---

19 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I never said  99.99% of parts for older speakers?----------the part for the "Older speakers " is something you assumed   on your own ----let me post your own words ---

apparently you forgot your own post-------------------let me post your own words ----

"klipsch parts dept has all the parts needed  99.99%  even the Heritage line  -------they work with the serial number of the unit ----but  due to COVID ----they have been hard to reach -"

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/197913-parts-availability/&tab=comments#comment-2583147

58 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

apparently you forgot your own post-------------------let me post your own words ----

"klipsch parts dept has all the parts needed  99.99%  even the Heritage line  -------they work with the serial number of the unit ----but  due to COVID ----they have been hard to reach -"

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/197913-parts-availability/&tab=comments#comment-2583147

nope ----You  assume too much because of your own  limitations in regards to klipsch products or services

-ASK the forum member ,  a question  before making a  negative comment 

my comments  added   :

klipsch parts sell parts for  all the current  klipsch speakers including the Heritage line ,  no one is talking about older speakers that were phased out except if some parts are carried over -----K33-K48-K55- etc

"limitation on klipsch products & services???"  LOL----  i'm not assuming anything & not trying to argue with ya randy, try to read this very slowly this time so you understand---- my comment was regarding you claiming klipsch has "99.99%" of parts for older model speakers, you stated that in the thread i linked where the guy was asking if klipsch had grilles & ports for 20+ year old RF speakers & an amp for a KSW12 sub.  if they do have them thats great ,  i mentioned that they dont have things like woofers for most the KG or KLF models & they dont have ANY parts for epics & probably quite a few other speakers... so again ,  the 99.99% thing is not at all accurate. 

& i know they dont have KG 5.5 woofers because i tried to buy some ~10-15 years ago & was told they dont stock any parts like that for most older speakers.  also tried to get a horn driver for my cf-4's around that same time & got the same answer. & a third example is they dont have plate amps for almost all the older subs, i tried to order a couple different sub amps over the years & they didnt have diddly squat.. just look at all the dead klipsch subs on here, they all have to be repaired or replaced with something else because klipsch------- doesnt have the parts!----  

---- looks like you assume too much because of your own limitations on klipsch products & services---  call them up & order us all some discontinued woofers, misc parts & sub amps, should we PM you our lists? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

"limitation on klipsch products & services???"  LOL----  i'm not assuming anything & not trying to argue with ya randy, try to read this very slowly this time so you understand---- my comment was regarding you claiming klipsch has "99.99%" of parts for older model speakers, you stated that in the thread i linked where the guy was asking if klipsch had grilles & ports for 20+ year old RF speakers & an amp for a KSW12 sub.  if they do have them thats great ,  i mentioned that they dont have things like woofers for most the KG or KLF models & they dont have ANY parts for epics & probably quite a few other speakers... so again ,  the 99.99% thing is not at all accurate. 

& i know they dont have KG 5.5 woofers because i tried to buy some ~10-15 years ago & was told they dont stock any parts like that for most older speakers.  also tried to get a horn driver for my cf-4's around that same time & got the same answer. & a third example is they dont have plate amps for almost all the older subs, i tried to order a couple different sub amps over the years & they didnt have diddly squat.. just look at all the dead klipsch subs on here, they all have to be repaired or replaced with something else because klipsch------- doesnt have the parts!----  

---- looks like you assume too much because of your own limitations on klipsch products & services---  call them up & order us all some discontinued woofers, misc parts & sub amps, should we PM you our lists? :rolleyes:

look , I stand by my words ------- klipsch Parts carry 99.99% of parts for current klipsch  speakers    , now if you want to insert "   older speakers "  in my statement ,  that is incorrect -