homework help instantly please!!!! please!!!!

prodj101

well, tahnks alot for taking the time to even click on the link, but heres what I need help with. I need to know how the Democratic, Green, Republican, and Libertarian party's feel on drafting (military drafting), sotomy laws (like gay rights to sex, marrige, and what not), or government media controls. I do not need your opinion, but if you know for a fact how they feel on any one of these topics, please tell me.

Well

If you get drafted theyd take you even if your gay, so lying on that wouldnt work, like pretend you are, but your really not, religon wouldnt work, even being married wouldnt work! We dont have TV networks right now, are we going to war or what!

Id say a mental condition, or missing a body part, arm leg, Etc would get you out of a draft!

Hey uh, you didnt get drafted did you?

Jim

Proj,

The military draft has been very politically unpopular ever since the war in Viet Nam. There is a general consensus that an "all volunteer" military is the best solution. The draft was used in the civil war, WW I, WW II, Korea and Viet Nam. In the civil war, wealthy people could legally buy their way out of the draft.

I think that the current situation is far from requiring a draft, but it could change. If things do change, the country will take a lot of convincing to go with the draft IMO.

Gay rights are beyond the scope of my knowledge of politics.

No one is in favor of governmental control of the media. It would clearly be unconstitutional under the First Amendment to the US Constitution. However, all administrations try to "spin" the media as does the Pentagon.

Spin is a political art form that has a major impact on public opinion. The Persian Gulf campaign and the war in Afghanistan both featured limited access to the front lines by reporters. A three star general did most of the official Pentagon announcements during Desert Storm. He kept the attention of the news media with the pictures of precision guided munitions blowing up key positions in Iraq and Kuwait.

Bill

Proj,

Looks like you are not going to graduate... Why the hell did you leave something like this until the last minute? I am sure all the info you need is out there on the internet. But, pulling it all together in time is likely to take nothing short of a miracle.

As far as the draft goes, if recent presidents are any indication, neither the Democratic nor Republican parties believe in the draft. Both Clinton and Bush used family influence to avoid it.

Jim,

The draft ended a long, long time ago... Of course, it could be started again if enough people in the world get angry at us.

"If you want a free country, you have to be willing to fight for it."

I hate to get into political discussions on a audio bb (really I do) but since this thread was offtopic from day one, why not.

While the draft is a means of protecting a free country, why *make* people defend their country? If a country can not find enough volunteers to fight a conflict, perhaps it's simply an issue that the people of the country do not agree with. Pulling in "recruits" who never voluntered for service brings several issues to my mind:

1. Do you really want the people fighting for you to be ones who didn't want to be there in the first place?

2. Is it a free country if they pressure you into fighting for conflicts that you disagree with?

3. Fair treatment. There always seem to be issues surrounding drafts into military service about unfair treatment. College deferments, Different treatment of the rich, or politically connected families, etc.

Overall I'm not sure how I feel about the draft. I would hope that the people of a country, if they truly believe in the society they live in, would volunteer their time, skills, and if need be life to defend the values they hold dear. This seems to go against the idea of a draft, in effect allowing the government to become engaged in conflicts that the people of a society have no interest in.

This is not a simple issue, and the best we can hope is that it will not arise in the future. (Don't take that last sentance to mean I'm a peace loving hippie)

That is why I place high esteem and regard with all of those who have or currently are serving their country, it stops the draft from being an issue.

-mkl

Proj,

Bet it is a masterpiece of political insight! BTW, do they take off for spelling?

Hey, I'm just kidding. Good luck!

As far as the draft goes, I like your attitude. The practical problem with the draft is the exceptions. Who goes? Who can get out of it, under what circumstances? What alternatives are there to it? What if someone does not like what the country is fighting for (big issue during Viet Nam)? What happens to those who refuse?

in my opinion, any and all people younger than the physical health turn around point (45 in my opinion) should be required to fight. If you don't, its a prison sentence for you! 9.gif

And also, no one wants to go to war. I wouldn't want to, but if someone is invading our country, I am damn well gonna be on the front lines. No one looks forward to going into a war knowing they could very well die, but everyone has to pull their own weight.

Not bad. A "grad standard" paper on the state of the political parties written in 2 hours. Must be a masterpiece of insightfulness. What exactly is a "grad standard" anyway? Do you mean that to be an undergraduate college level class or are you talking masters/PhD level?!? Is this a highschool course? For your sake, I hope so. Any college paper (and most highschool papers) would have required more than 2 hours of research and literary effort.