FOUND: Klipsch Cornwall I/II

SonofJames

On 3/26/2021 at 11:15 AM, SonofJames said:

Thanks for everyone's guidance and support. There were a couple pair of beaters out there for less but sometimes things happen for a reason. Next stop good cables and orig. recap.

I have lots of original capacitors if you are interested.  Please PM me.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 8:37 PM, SonofJames said:

I found some nice 78 Cornwall I Birch Decorators I picked up this week. Very nice. I plan on replacing the Crites caps with Auth Klipsch caps and doing a couple odds and ends like replacing some of the velcro on the screens. They sound very good with Mc MA-230 & 1700.

00-G0-G-9-GIgsxdjl-KHz-0-CI0t2-1200x900.

if you have Sonicaps in there now do yourself and your wallet a favor and leave them in they sound great

or get some from jimbo above

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 9:43 AM, Alien1 said:

Why the recap to Klipsch original rather than Crites? 

I'm not about to get into the debate on caps here other than to say for a very minimal investment I am going to try the few options trusted people speak of here to hear which ones my ears and system like the best.

2 minutes ago, SonofJames said:

I'm not about to get into the debate on caps here other than to say for a very minimal investment I am going to try the few options trusted people speak of here to hear which ones my ears and system like the best.

Wise decision. Why not just spend the next couple of months listening, move the chair around a bit, change the toe-in a bit, move them toward a corner or away from a corner a bit and just listen and listen some more.

They are good speakers. Enjoy them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Wise decision. Why not just spend the next couple of months listening, move the chair around a bit, change the toe-in a bit, move them toward a corner or away from a corner a bit and just listen and listen some more.

They are good speakers. Enjoy them.

Thank you Tom, hearing from such trusted, long time members as yourself and others here since first posting has been inspiring and encouraging to say the least. What a incredibly, knowledgeable, helpful, and warm community! I'm most likely not to do any work until May or so tbh. Now back to listening to Dave Mason tonight 😉

Edited by SonofJames

Not to hijack this thread...really. I’m in the same vessel as SonofJames. Just listening to my first set of CW’s. Mine are s-br’s as well. All original components so they need a few upgrades. I can’t pm or I’d ask jimjimbo what’s up.

11 hours ago, Alien1 said:

Not to hijack this thread...really. I’m in the same vessel as SonofJames. Just listening to my first set of CW’s. Mine are s-br’s as well. All original components so they need a few upgrades. I can’t pm or I’d ask jimjimbo what’s up.

I would be happy to help. Just post a few more minor items here in the forum and you will be able to PM.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alien1 said:

Not to hijack this thread...really. I’m in the same vessel as SonofJames. Just listening to my first set of CW’s. Mine are s-br’s as well. All original components so they need a few upgrades.

you can buy Klipsch  genuine capacitors from @JEM Performance  , they are the klipsch crossover repair center    https://jemperformanceaudio.com/

On 3/25/2021 at 8:37 PM, SonofJames said:

I found some nice 78 Cornwall I Birch Decorators I picked up this week. Very nice. I plan on replacing the Crites caps with Auth Klipsch caps and doing a couple odds and ends like replacing some of the velcro on the screens. They sound very good with Mc MA-230 & 1700.

00-G0-G-9-GIgsxdjl-KHz-0-CI0t2-1200x900.

Somehow I thought that "Decorators" did not have grills, or am I mistaken?  Would like to hear from someone that actually knows the correct answer.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Somehow I thought that "Decorators" did not have grills, or am I mistaken?  Would like to hear from someone that actually knows the correct answer.  Thanks.

Here is one of the tags if it helps with CD-BR I.D. I had someone tell me they were Decorator's so let see what comes up.

There is always the possibility someone painted the front's black and put Grille's on them ?

20210326_200016.thumb.jpg.96d70b36afe546a450316221b58951d1.jpg

Edited by SonofJames