RB81 speakers

Fomoco69

Hello music lovers....I recently ordered a pair of new RB 81 V2 ...out of curiousity...going to compare them to my1982 /  JBL-  L46 speakers which are awesome....hooked up to my Sansui G5500 reciever....because I used to have a pair of 1992 KG 4.2s which were awesome but trying to keep things smaller these days....19 - 21 inches tall max...large book shelf...any opinions on how these RB 81s might compare?

• Like 1

The L46s are great speakers! I haven't heard any of the smaller Klipsch, but I have some JBL 4311s, the pro version of the L100 era. My Klipsch Heresy IIs are more dynamic, and have a better high end, greater sensitivity. I can only imagine the newer small Klipsch will provide a great listening experience.

Have you had to redo the surrounds on your L46s?

The Klipsch RB 81 MK II enjoys cult status in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It is still preferable to buy from stock than the successor models.The general crossover frequency is 60 hz if you want to incorporate the subwoofer R110 / 115 R.  It is best to add an antimode to optimally integrate the subbass.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 5:23 PM, Fomoco69 said:

Hello music lovers....I recently ordered a pair of new RB 81 V2 ...out of curiousity...going to compare them to my1982 /  JBL-  L46 speakers which are awesome....hooked up to my Sansui G5500 reciever....because I used to have a pair of 1992 KG 4.2s which were awesome but trying to keep things smaller these days....19 - 21 inches tall max...large book shelf...any opinions on how these RB 81s might compare?

What say you...