Heresy 4's and midrange bump

Moosh Bronsun

4 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

What are You expecting in the $200 range ?  🙄

2 years later? Lol.  Sold the little eq which worked well but found a pristine AudioSource EQ-One that works great. Always wanted the Ferris Buehler EQ. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 12:13 AM, Moosh Bronsun said:

I love my H4's, But some records have a bit of forwardness in the 1k-2k range. I watched GR Research's video on the Forte 3 and his measured the same.

Curious on how I can alleviate this? I was looking at a Schiit Loki but its nearest adjustment is 2k and it seems like that will not work?

Thanks In advance.

Can I make a completely different suggestion? Because I believe this one hasn't been mentioned yet. Try improving your acoustics with acoustic panels. I recently got the Lascala AL-5 and also had an issue with the midrange. It turned out to be due to poor acoustics. I borrowed some acoustic panels for testing and hung them behind and in front of me. I can already hear a clear difference in the midrange, placement, and overall sound of the music. I would strongly recommend considering this option in your search for the right solution.

Edit: lol.. now I see this is a very old post 🙄