Now I feel bad....

Coytee

So, in case someone missed it....he UNSOLICITEDLY refunded my money, which is why I now feel bad.  Turns out that I was evidently dealing with someone who had integrity.  

Had his listing not clearly said "no returns" I would have probably contacted him....but I inferred that to be a declaration of his (pardon my word) attitude.  So since he closed that door up front, my only other recourse was to leave the feedback.

Good thing is...nobody is going to die nor to jail for this but I still feel bad that I ruined his perfect rating.

Evidently, HE has to ask me to update the feedback so I've already sent him a correspondence telling him that and asking that he send it to me.  I'll be more than happy to eat my crow on it to try to back peddle my comments to the best I can for him.

I really didn't expect an unsolicited refund.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I'll be more than happy to eat my crow on it to try to back peddle my comments to the best I can for him.

I really didn't expect an unsolicited refund.

Still good people out there. Some scout out bad ratings and will look even better for the seller.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

call Ebay , they will remove your negative feedback---simple

Any chance you have a number I can simply call?  I've looked on the website, no number seen (yet).  I drilled into "Contact us" and all that is is a list of issues with other ways to remedy them....none of them (as best I can currently find) are genuine ways to "contact" us.... as in phone number or email.

Still looking though.....  they DO bury them so it's not as simple as inferred.

• Thanks 1

From the eBay help pages:

Once you’ve left feedback, you won’t be able to edit or delete it. If you’d like to add extra information to your original feedback, you can leave a follow-up comment. If you’d like to change the negative or neutral feedback you’ve left, you can ask the seller for a feedback revision.

How to follow up on feedback you’ve left

From time to time, you may want to follow up with some additional context or information on feedback you’ve already left. You can leave one follow-up comment on each item. Here’s how:

1. Go to Feedback left for others.
  2. Select Follow up next to the item number.
  3. Write your follow-up comment.
  4. Select Leave Follow-up Comment.

Keep in mind that leaving a follow-up comment doesn’t change your original comment or rating.

On the other hand, the seller can request a revision:

When you send a feedback revision request to a buyer, we’ll send them an email with all the details.

The buyer then has 10 days to either:

• Revise the feedback: If the buyer accepts the request, we’ll guide them through the process of changing their rating and comment. When they revise feedback, their original comments will no longer be visible on eBay.
  • Decline the request: If the buyer declines the request, they can choose whether to share their reasoning with you.

Try chatting with eBay rather than calling: its faster & they can call you if they deem it necessary.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Any chance you have a number I can simply call? 

follow these steps -

from your ebay screen , -top left --------select HELP AND CONTACT ---then a new page opens ,  all the way down , SELECT  ---CONTACT US ---2nd PAGE OPENS -select buying -3rd page opens select ---how buying works on ebay -   4th page opens -----at the left ---select

Have us call you---------------enter your tel number , they will call you back ,  then explain to the CS agent that you want to remove the negative feedback
1 min wait time

I think I got it figured out (thanks for all the guidance!!)

I fell on my sword, it looks like his rating is back to 100% AND, I've sent him correspondence telling him that it's not fair that I've got the unit and he's out the cash so to please allow me to pay for it....  in essence, allow me to refund the refund!

Just sent it, too soon for a response.

• Like 2