Heresy 2: how do I need to wire the Tweeter?

Flevoman

Hello, English is not my native language, sorry if I don't explain things clearly.

Well, I took over a pair of Heresy 2 from a man, but unfortunately he didn't really handle it with care. 
So I am now refinishing the front. 
However, while removing the Tweeter, I noticed that the tweeters of the speakers were connected differently in relation to each other. 
One tweeter had connected the green wire to the connector on the Tweeter  with the red dot 
The other Tweeter had the black wire connected to the connector on the tweeter with the red dot 
I thought, this is not correct and thought that the previous owner connected them incorrectly. It seems logical to me that both green wires should be on the red dot. 

So I replaced both green wires to the connection on the tweeter with the red dot. 

But after some searching on Google, I discovered that some tweeters are deliberately connected bipolar. This seems to have something to do with the filter 

And now I don't know it anymore... Should one tweeter indeed be connected differently compared to the other speaker? 

But if they do need to be connected equally, is it the green wire on the connection with the red dot?.. Or should the black wire be on the red dot? 

Someone who can tell me how it really is?

20220225_110457.jpg

Thx for the answers. 

But I'm really totally unfamiliar with this topic. 

For me, unfortunately, it is not clear how to interpret the scheme 

Am I saying it right if the black wire of both speakers has to be connected to the + ?.. And not the two greens as I have connected them now?? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Flevoman said:

Does this picture of my filter make you any wiser how to connect the Tweeter? 

Your Heresy II network  has been modified with different capacitors that are much bigger than the original parts and they are hiding  the Markings on the circuit board to indicate the color of each wire in relation to the correct driver and the polarities for each driver -

the tweeters diaphragms are  Aftermarket ---I see markings ( red dot ) on the left of the diaphragm for (+)

A)-  untangle all the wires and put them in order from 1-2-3-4-5-6  right to left   a)--tweeter  green (+) , black  (-) 

Assuming that the colored wires are in the proper position on the circuit board ,and that I am looking at the crossover with the green wire at the right

1)- you must plug the Green wire  to the  Positive (+)  red dot on the tweeter which is at the Left of the diaphragm  for both speakers and the black wire at the left of the green wire to the right  terminal of the tweeter (-)

https://community.klipsch.com/uploads/monthly_2016_10/5817956f58ac0_IMG_0860(1).JPG.32b7bca3538b51d8f1b4fa4f8a386bfc.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your help.👍🏻

Sorry to double ask everything, but since I don't know anything about this topic, and because of the language barrier, I would like to double check it.
So I understand correctly that one speaker the black wire on the + and the other speaker the green wire on the + is by definition wrong? (in this state I bought the speakers)

If I have understood this correctly, then I assume that both green wires on the + (as I have it now) is the right way of connecting.

I understand that my filter has already been adjusted a bit and that the capacitors have changed?
Do you know if this modification  is also a good  modification?
I know from experience (my tube amplifier had actually gotten worse after a modification) that not every adjustment automatically has to provide an improvement.
And is the whole filter upgraded (because I understand that you can also buy better filters) or are only the capacitors modified

You say that they are not original tweeters, but that surprises me since there is a Klipsch stamp on the back of the Tweeter
Are you sure about this?

(I try to like your answers, but for 1 reason or another I can't. Sorry) 

20220225_110550.jpg

Edited by Flevoman

3 hours ago, Flevoman said:

So I understand correctly that one speaker the black wire on the + and the other speaker the green wire on the + is by definition wrong? (in this state I bought the speakers)

Right. It is incorrect. Both speakers should be green wire on the red dot side.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flevoman said:

You say that they are not original tweeters, but that surprises me since there is a Klipsch stamp on the back of the Tweeter
Are you sure about this?

20220225_110550.jpg

the tweeters are original , it's the diaghragms in the tweeters that are aftermarket ---

image.jpeg.e6f0e7e39850b351853489ecf75fcf1b.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm very sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by diaghrams.

But I don't like the idea that there's something aftermarket in the Tweeter. 

Can you perhaps explain this noob what exactly is not orriginal, and is this effecting the sound quality in a bad way?? 

7 hours ago, Flevoman said:

I'm very sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by diaghrams.

But I don't like the idea that there's something aftermarket in the Tweeter. 

Can you perhaps explain this noob what exactly is not orriginal, and is this effecting the sound quality in a bad way?? 

well ,  the tweeter is composed of 3  parts , a )-  the magnet ( driver motor ) , which is the round metal part   

20220225_110550.jpg

---  2)-  a Plastic  Horn  that screws into the Magnet portion on the bottom side with black screws

image.jpeg.60650a6587ce7de2240577a943025344.jpeg

---3)-  the Diaphragm -------------which when pressed  into the magnet allows for the tweeter to produce sound , however this part was discontinued by klipsch and that may explain why the  previous owner replaced these parts with aftermarkets-

image.jpeg.e6f0e7e39850b351853489ecf75fcf1b.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for this clear and straightforward explanation. 

I really had no idea what you were talking about, but it's clear to me now 👍🏻

I don't think the diaphragm has any influence on the quality of the sound, am I correct? 

• Like 1