stupid ebay sellers

JasN00b

i was fishing around on ebay...

look at this discription for some paradigm bipole surrounds:

These are one of the best rear speakers you can buy. They are in very good condition and retail for over $400 pair. No reserve auction starts at $100 for the pair. Dipolar speakers are highly recommended for rear speakers. Ideal for a small to mid size home theater system. These are far superior in sound to the ordinary companies like, sony, klipsch, infinity, JBL etc...Audioreview rates Paradigm better than Bose as well. Shipping is actual and there is no handling charge. You can use paypal, MO,check, cashiers check or wire transfer to pay. c2it is ok as well. I can email the pictures, eBay would not take them for some reason gave errors. Sorry. Thanks for bidding.

i made bold/itallic the areas of interest...

doesnt that put you into kill mode?

first he implys that klipsch is in the same leauge as sony... THEN goes on to imply that bose is better!!!

ahhhhh stupid people... needs a smackin'

11.gif

He takes paypal, money order etc. Forget it, I am driving there now to pay cash. I GOTTA HAVE THESE THINGS!!!!

Better than Klipsch and Sony and even Bose.

I someone believes that a new $100 set of speakers is that good, let them have them. If someone convinces theirself that they are great, ignorance is bliss. I would be thrilled to pay $100 for a set of speakers that I though was that good.

Chris

PS - look at the entertainment factor that we can get from this.

He takes paypal, money order etc. Forget it, I am driving there now to pay cash. I GOTTA HAVE THESE THINGS!!!!

Better than Klipsch and Sony and even Bose.

I someone believes that a new $100 set of speakers is that good, let them have them. If someone convinces theirself that they are great, ignorance is bliss. I would be thrilled to pay $100 for a set of speakers that I though was that good.

Chris

PS - look at the entertainment factor that we can get from this.

Slightly off topic but since you mentioned Paradigm, I thought I'd ask for impressions of this popular Canadian company that get's a lot of good ink in the press. Their $2k Reference 100's were Sound & Vision's Speakers of the year (I think it was a complete 5.1 setup actually). They along with Definitive Technology have done a great job of warming up to the magazines and winning a lot of awards and good reviews.

They seem to be one of the big competitors to Klipsch today. How would you describe their sound vs the RF7? My perception is that the Reference 100's are more neutral, not quiet as effecient and dynamic, and....?

Paradigm is sold exclusively through indie retailers where Klipsch has a presence in national chains like Tweeter and Ultimate.

LOL

What a total fruit cake,Klipsch is in the same league as the boombox cardboard Sony mass market spekers!WOW I feel bad owning Klipsch now. LOL And B0$e besting them! WOW

Now after I calm down

Ok Paradigm high end speakers are quite good,solid cabinets,good quality drivers.The sound is rather sterile,not much of any colorations to speak of.The top end is bright at times,the midrange quite clean.When driven hard these speakers tend to fail in the upper range,the tweeter does not like being pushed too hard.And yes you need a powerful amp to get the most of of these,if listening a lower SPL you can get a little tube,this removes the brightness from the metallic tweeter dome.

Very good value,great sound.I had the Studio 60,quality speakers.Just listen before you buy.Some find these lacking the life of the Klipsch R series.The life could be described as the IN YOUR FACE experience LOL

Canada makes great value priced speakers,among them is Paradigm with companies like Energy,Mirage, Axiom.Also Totem,Focus and a few more

You may want to look for Totem speakers,I think the most musical of the bunch.And made right here in Montreal(if I am not mistaken).9.gif I habe the ROKK and TABU,both wonderful little speakers.Totem is known for the compact monitors,as the Shaman is very expensive.They also make subs,not the SVS,HSU type of subs where SPL dictates the pace.But the most musical subs to match with compact monitors.

Kjohn-

The Studio 100's are an excellent speaker, and you have described them exactly the way I would have. Before I bought my 7's, I had narrowed my search down where the Paradigms and the RF-7's were the only remaining choices. I picked the 7's for all the reasons that you already know, Klipsch's "live" sound, efficiency, enclosure material, and finish. Both are very good speakers IMO.

Jim

Yep, he is also somewhat behind the technology curve in parroting the dipolar darlings of yesteryear... with their wired or mechanical links that forced the 180° speakers to be out-of-phase with one another. They were the ultimate "ambience" speakers because they were stealth engineered to hide source and timbre issues in an era when surround sound channels were weak and needed all the help they can get.

Most of the industry moved up to bipolar systems (in-phase but still pointed front and back... away from the sweet spot, like the old KSP-S6)... and some have adopted speaker configurations that a partially directional... like Klipsch WDST bipoles that add a small woofer aimed at the sweet spot to give directionality to sounds under about 2000 Hz. Klipsch gave up on mainstream "THX" certified dipoles long, long ago.

And by selling 80% of THX to a Singapore "certify everything that can pay the fee" company, maybe George Lucas has given up on the concept of forcing the world to accept his audio standard. It's been a sad trip... because in his striding for money through standards unification, the THX experiment (that's what the "X" stands for) did get the industry to pay more attention to bringing us all a better and more standardized DVD product... even if some of the original surround and bass notions have fallen by the wayside as far as most DVD creators are concerned.

As for me, I remain a "monopole-cat" who rather have the most timbre-matching I can and rely on the trend for mixers to put what they want as ambient sound on multiple channels... which tends to create designed rather than forced ambience.

Yes indeed... it's that caveat emptor time of year! =HornEd

Do we have to listen to your babble over and over and over? You completely miss the point/purpose of surround speakers. I imagine you've notified Klipsch of the fact that their latest HT speaker system uses technology of yesteryear. Remember, most people here can, and do, read.

Keith

PS> In case you feel compelled to answer, I already know the what, the how many, and the where regarding your system. Hell, we've all read it thousands of times, whether it relates to the question posed or not.

This guy was merely trying to put in as many brands as possible, so people doing a search for Sony, Bose, etc. would pull up his auction. They call it Keyword Spamming, and although it is supposedly not allowed, they probably wouldn't do anything about it if you reported him. Nothing to take personally, guys, he's just trying to sell his speakers. It works, too. Put up an auction for something Sony and see how many hits you get. I bet you could go out and buy some $24.95 specials and put them up for sale on ebay and people will buy them because they say Sony.

Sorry if I offended you lynnm. Seriously. If you had followed the surround speaker thread of months past I'm sure that you would have seen that your suggestion would be terribly appropiate addressed to another member here also. The lack of class there easily eclipsed that found here.

Keith

For the post asking about the Paradigm Studio 100's, I've owned the 100's for over a year and they are a good speaker. I purchased RF-5's about 6 months ago to go with a small tube amp (needed a high effiency speaker for tubes). I upgraded to RF-7's a couple of weeks ago.

The 100's were not bright for me but source and amp are important. I tried CD's on my run of the mill DVD player and that was bright compared to my Marantz CD-17 dedicated CD player.

For my taste I like the Klipsch. Some call them In Your Face but for me they bring a lot more life to music. I do like the tube amp with the Klipsch. Comparing the 100's to the RF-7's using a Musical Fidelity A3CR, 120 watt/channel SS amp I still opt for the RF-7's. Having said this, the 100's are probably a bit more forgiving when using an average quality source and amp.

Doug C