What is this guy playing at?

chuckears

Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=1948922073

I won this on ebay a couple of weeks ago (item number1945590919) ... the guy emailed me to tell me the thing was broken, and that he would refund my money.

Now, here he has it again, and with a Buy-It-Now $150 more than before! Apparantly, there is some cosmetic damage now ("No real big deal!").

So either:

A. He repaired the unit,

B. he was lying to me about it being broken, because he found out how much these babies are really selling for, or

C. I am stuck in a temporal causality loop, with small variations in the time-line.

As for myself, I will avoid this auction like the plague...

I'd go with option "B". He found out he had it priced too low and lied to get out of the deal. I guess in hindsight, you should have made him send photos of the damage and have you decide if it was still worth $250 (or less) before returning your payment. Apparently the damage enhanced the value by 60%!

I'm surprised the guy didn't lay low for awhile and sell @ a later date, or at least come up with a more believeable story.

NP - Grand Funk - Caught In The Act

You should have told him to get the Bose cubes. Tell him that they are awesome, but only buy new from an authorized Bose dealer and only go with higer end models, don't forget the bose receiver (if they make one) Let him spend all the $$ for some crap!!

This guy is not as good as his word, ie. he is slime. He deserves to get screwed out of the gain that he makes from this deal, and then some.

Chris

----------------

On 12/30/2002 11:59:18 PM Hofy wrote:

Hmmmm, Fake eBay accounts. 2 Bidders drive the price up to about $1,000,000.00 What kind of final fees whould he have to answer to, even if only temporary.
11.gif

----------------

Hmmm, interesting that the current high bidder is a brand new eBay account with zero history.