In the new year I propose and further resolve to:

Show a new found respect for my fellow man

Never talk down to or feel superior to anyone

Always mean what I say and say what I mean

Consider the next person with empathy and sympathy

Conduct myself in a way that sets a good example

(unless I happen to get a wild hair

or if I'm alone or with someone)

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Cornwaller 16.gif

I have no resolutions per se ... other than to love my wife and children better on a daily basis, give a hand up to folks when I can do it and they need it, and remember that charity comes in many forms.

The clock is running down and I want to make the most of everyday.

Oh, yes, I want to play more golf this year. 2002 was a joke.

Break 70.

Sounds like a fine selection of things to attempt all the time, Chris. You already went a little out of your way saying the nice things about me in that other thread. I in turn said something fairly nice to Audrey, who in turn told me I had gained some weight over the last two weeks.

Our 13 year difference in age makes for interesting cultural comparisons let alone the physical ones. The fact that I had my drivers license while she was still in a stroller is not lost on either of us...

What does this have to do with anything? Nothing. But I applaud your post.

As for the under 70 comment, dont New Years resolutions have to be remotely feasible??? heh...

kh

Hmmm ... something to think about there. I never even considered feasibility.

Well, along that logic line, I love my wife and kids so much I don't think I could love them more or better, but setting the bar a little higher makes for process improvement, I think?

The golf thing ... hey, my scores are going in the other direction (up) ... even old age and treachery aren't having the impact I thought they should :) However, "even the blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion", which would certainly apply to me (except I'm both blind and balding), and IF I DO PLAY some next year, there may be a day when the stars are aligned, the holes in the swiss-cheesey time fabric fall into proper linearity, the wind blows into my draw and the grain of the greens is actually visible to my aging eyes ...

... and I might do it.

Sad thing is that there probably won't be any witnesses since I usually golf at night. It's easier to get tee times.

As for Audrey, from a distance, it appears she's telling you that she loves you. Women are an entirely different variety than men. (That strategy does not work well when reversed, however :) )

PS: My sister's husband (RIP) was 27 years older than her and older than my father (RIP) ... She was a sophomore in college when they tied the knot. It was a good marriage and the age difference was never a factor. Good news is that you can have kids well into your fifties if you're so inclinded, and fatherhood is GREAT when you're older, IMVHO.

Buy less equipment and buy more music.

I'm already a perfect husband and father.16.gif

Serving God is serving others -- I need to get busy.

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care -- I need to get busy.

What do you see? GODISNOWHERE

2003 resoloutions:

!) Continue to lose a few more pounds,doing the low-carb thing. Geeze, I'll be in better shape at 38 than 18.

2) Get those lousy 14 semester hours that separate me from a degree.

3) Sell off and eliminate my "highend" stereo stuff. No more expensive, but non involving speakers. no more expensive cables. Only a nice source or two, and something truly musically exciting: KLIPSCH and vacuum tube power.

All of these goals have been in the works since the 1st of december, and everything is working great.

Dougy's top ten New Year's resolutions for 2003:

#10..lose 20 pounds

#9...exercise more

#8...quit obsessing over things audio

#7...spend more time with the kids

#6...spend more time with the woman

#5...spend more time on my knees (you know, the prayer thing)

#4...build a deck

#3...learn to not take things too personally or too seriously

#2...be nicer to my brothers-in-law

and Dougy's #1 2003 New Year's resolution, (drum roll, please)...Finally get to pick up my belle klipsch center channel speaker that's been on order for 8 1/2 MONTHS; decide whether to use 2, 3 or 4 surrounds, and whether they should be Heresys, RS-7's or SB-2's; Upgrade(?) to DPL-II and multi-channel audio ( SACD and DVD-A); make frames and covers for my ugly acoustic treatments; decide once and for all how I want my music room furnishings set up and then leave it that way till at least 2004.

Happy New Year to all! 1.gif