Jump to content

Titanium Diaphragms - Crites vs Others


Crang
 Share

Recommended Posts

Considering replacing the phenolic diaphragm in my H2 tweeters with titanium. Crites seems to be the gold standard. Their price seems to have jumped from $54 to $82 somewhat recently. There are other places offering titanium diaphragms for less- Midwest Speaker Repair for $60 then a bunch of fly by nights on ebay. So my question is are they all created equal or is it worth shelling out the bit extra for the Crites?

 

Thanks in advance....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a look at some of those “deals” on eBay. They have very loose tolerances on the diaphragm thickness.

 

Crites or OEM Klipsch would be the only two options for my OCD. 

 

One word of advice, whichever you choose, others on here have mentioned to treat them gingerly when installing and I found out first hand what they meant. The leads are very fragile. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Crang said:

Considering replacing the phenolic diaphragm in my H2 tweeters with titanium. Crites seems to be the gold standard. Their price seems to have jumped from $54 to $82 somewhat recently. There are other places offering titanium diaphragms for less- Midwest Speaker Repair for $60 then a bunch of fly by nights on ebay. So my question is are they all created equal or is it worth shelling out the bit extra for the Crites?

 

Thanks in advance....

 

The Crites TI diaphragm is an Aftermarket titanium  stamped dome tweeter , which is a  klipsch clone sold by several online vendors .

 

the Gold Standard Ti Diaphragm  is Made by Klipsch ,   it's used on the Heresy III  and Heresy IV  as well as the Cornwall III and Cornwall IV ,   part number is  127123 and it costs about  $35/each

 
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 001 said:

 

The Crites TI diaphragm is an Aftermarket titanium  stamped dome tweeter , which is a  klipsch clone sold by several online vendors .

 

the Gold Standard Ti Diaphragm  is Made by Klipsch ,   it's used on the Heresy III  and Heresy IV  as well as the Cornwall III and Cornwall IV ,   part number is  127123 and it costs about  $35/each

  • Forum Ultra Veteran

 

So would the Klipsch made one drop in to the H2 K-53 tweeter without the need to change the crossover? That was one of the attraction to the Crites.

 

So if a non-klipsch made diaphragm is purchased it would be the same from all the other vendors? Thanks-

Edited by Crang
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Crites or OEM Klipsch would be the only two options for my OCD. 

 

 

 

 

 

I think you are right- otherwise Id always wonder if whatever I had were as good as those.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...