frightening experience while auditioning speakers with a female friend

b-man1

i was at my favorite audiophile store with a female friend who also enjoys movies and home theatre, etc. we went into one of the private listening rooms which had the RF-7's waiting for me. 3.gif

my salesman came in and turned it all on for us...we sat there and listened for about 30 seconds...he then turned everything off. ok, if i'm going to drop thou$and$ on speakers i better get to hear them at more than (-50db) for longer than 30 sec!

anyway, this is where the magic happened. my friend (remember FEMALE) looks at the salesman and says very firmly:

"ok, why don't you CLOSE the door now and play it LOUD this time."

oh yes, ladies and gentlemen...this is what i would call the find of a lifetime. not the RF-7's, but THE PERFECT WOMAN. 9.gif10.gif

yes!!!!!!!

I like the way she thinks!!

My wife is the same way and cranks our set-up as loud or louder than I do. The other day she even complained that the bass wasn't hitting as hard compared to the other day when I was playing it. That's because I set the SUB level at -10 as a safety measure, but I was damn impressed that she could tell the difference.

She has never once told me to turn it down and I routinely watch movies at REF level and music is always at 110dB or louder. I guess we'll grow old and deaf together 9.gif