RW subs vs RSW-15

cdsang

Am I wasteing my time getting the RSW-15 while the RW-12 is comeing out, or do you think they won't make anything that good(or better) sence the RF-7 series is sill the top of the line and the RSW-15 goes with it? If the RSW-15 is still the best sub there makeing thats fine. It would suck if they came out with something better just a few months after I get it.

CD

I think the RSW-15 will be more powerful. the driver looks much more rugged (bigger surround, larger duscap means bigger voice coil, etc.) and from what I've heard, they are just more wicked all around. the RW-12 will probably go lower and have a little flatter response below 30 hz though, which the RSW-15 lacks. also notice that it takes 2 of those RW-12's to reach THX standards, on paper, one RSW-15 should be able to do it I think.

As taken from the press release:

Klipsch Audio Technologies has announced three new powered subwoofers in its acclaimed Reference Series, the RW-8, RW-10, and RW-12. Based on an exciting new approach to enclosure venting, these models produce deeper, stronger, cleaner bass than the KSW subwoofers they replace, yet at comparable or lower prices and from smaller enclosure footprints.

The challenge behind the RW subwoofers was to approach the performance and flexibility of our top-of-the-line RSW models at dramatically lower prices,

So the RSW are still the top of the line and the RW will come in as the KSW replacements. Keep that RSW-15 on layaway and forget the RW's.

~shoe

True,thanks.Just saw all the NEWS there.

The news update says clearly the new subs will replace the KSW at around the same price level.And the smallest will use a 8" woofer and the largest a 12" unit.A very simple deduction can be made,the new subs will in no way outperform or even equal the RSW series.

I am interested to see how well these new subs perform.For PC use the subs should be great.

well, if the new thx ultra subs are only equivilant to KSW's, it seems as though the main speakers won't be better than the RF-7's. The subwoofer has shown it doesnt take much to get thx certification, and with lucas fils getting worse about it, almost everything now adays seems to have it. maybe I'll get dual 10 inchers for my bedroom system of the thx subs.

----------------

On 1/12/2003 11:28:40 AM JasN00b wrote:

anyone else find the new design insanely ugly?

look at the pic of the RF-7 vs. the new RB-75.

blah, whats up with the lack of dustcaps?

----------------

Yeah, I too like the "old" Reference Series cone look. 1.gif

----------------

On 1/12/2003 12:36:27 PM KAiN64 wrote:

----------------

On 1/12/2003 11:28:40 AM JasN00b wrote:

anyone else find the new design insanely ugly?

look at the pic of the RF-7 vs. the new RB-75.

blah, whats up with the lack of dustcaps?

----------------

Yeah, I too like the "old" Reference Series cone look.
1.gif

----------------

Agreed.

~shoe