Best Crossover Frequency for movies, music 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos living room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet tree panel acoustic room back)

angelluisg

Home theater 7.2.4

AV Marantz Av 7705 (preamp)

Monolith 11X 11 channel (amp)

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820

music streaming Tidal master MQA

Bluesound node

Front Klipsch RF7 III

Klipsch Center RC 64 III

Subwoofer klipsch R-115SW

SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer

Klipsch Surround Rear RP-402S

Klipsch Surround side Rp-600m

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 500SA back

Panamax MR4300

living room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet tree panel acoustic room back)

IMG_6036.jpeg

IMG_6038.jpeg

• Like 1

The 7lls to me we’re a bit of an outlier, and sounded better full range strangely (everything else in the system xo 80hz)…. All the other speakers I have had before them, and after for the most part I liked at 80hz throughout the system. Running 7s full range will suck a lot of juice, and might not be worth it overall. With that being said I have read Atmos recommends different crossover points depending on the locations of the speakers (other than the standard 80 Hz.). 

What does the auto set up test set everything at? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

I would also personally put those subs behind the couch sideways along the back wall so the drivers are facing opposite directions…. In my humble opinion near field subs are way more efficient, and better performing.

crossover settings for movies/dolby atmos   and music? best recommended 

I’m not the best one to ask for Atmos. I have it, but Im still learning. I mentioned this in another thread about this topic, but really you kind of want to pick one frequency for as many of the speakers as you can for phase issues. When you have that many speakers in your room (like you do) you want all of them to be as in sync with each other as possible. Phasing becomes really important.

9 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

I’m not the best one to ask for Atmos. I have it, but Im still learning. I mentioned this in another thread about this topic, but really you kind of want to pick one frequency for as many of the speakers as you can for phase issues. When you have that many speakers in your room (like you do) you want all of them to be as in sync with each other as possible. Phasing becomes really important.

I am confused, because manufacter Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 500SA said 150 Hz minimum crossover , but everybody youtube, blogs, webs said 80/100Hz 

what do you think?

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 5.30.55 PM.png

58 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

I am confused, because manufacter Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 500SA said 150 Hz minimum crossover , but everybody youtube, blogs, webs said 80/100Hz 

what do you think?

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 5.30.55 PM.png

Yeah I have seen that. If I remember correctly it’s more of a positioning thing?…. If the speakers are firing up at the ceiling it’s one crossover, and if they’re firing down from the ceiling it’s another crossover (or if they’re up high angling down as well). 

On 10/22/2022 at 2:11 PM, angelluisg said:

full range movies and music 2 channel?

That will fall into that annoying category of what sounds best to you in your room, and your set up… I know that’s not very helpful. But In my experience a lot of these little things like this always just come down to your room, and your ears.