Repair of stained Forte III in natural cherry

jcn3

28 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Nice, Chorus are great speakers.  Use your Parasound JC-5 with them.  Oiled Walnut is beautiful.  Very desirable finish. 

the jc-5 seems like a bit much.  with the gain fully turned up, i feel like i'm being assaulted.  i've turned the gain down to about 30% and it's much better.

@billybob -- i have moved them into the corners with them heavily toed in (almost like klipschorns), crossing well in front of the seating position (which was moved back a couple of feet).  balance and texture is much better.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

That is true of most any horn speaker. People that sit 6 or 8' away from them haven't really heard what they are capable of.

seems like it would depend on the size and spacing of the horns.  my heresys sound sublime at 8'.  with the chorus 1s, 10' is the best i can do in my 10'x15' room and appears to be the minimum needed!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

the jc-5 seems like a bit much.  with the gain fully turned up, i feel like i'm being assaulted.  i've turned the gain down to about 30% and it's much better.

@billybob -- i have moved them into the corners with them heavily toed in (almost like klipschorns), crossing well in front of the seating position (which was moved back a couple of feet).  balance and texture is much better.

The JC-5 has lots of headroom which is what you want.  Keep the gain down, that is fine.  My desktop speakers use a 200 wpc amp with the gain turned down.  Your Luxman is a low powered tube and and not really what you want with Chorus speakers. 

10' x 15' should be fine with the Chorus.  Set them up and see how you like them. 

3 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

The JC-5 has lots of headroom which is what you want.  Keep the gain down, that is fine.  My desktop speakers use a 200 wpc amp with the gain turned down.  Your Luxman is a low powered tube and and not really what you want with Chorus speakers. 

10' x 15' should be fine with the Chorus.  Set them up and see how you like them. 

they're playing as i type!  looks like it'll take some time/experimenting to get them dialed in.  certainly haven't achieved the fabulous imaging/soundstage that i'm used to with the two rigs in my signature.

spacer.png

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

LOL!  No, afraid not!

Oh, you need one.  I love mine.  The Pendelton Westerly.  I like to wear it, sit on my rug and admire my bowling pins and Folgers can. 

Looks like they don't make the original one anymore, colors are wrong.

https://www.pendleton-usa.com/search/?q=westerly&lang=default.

• Like 1