Hard core bbqing

michael hurd

It was getting dark kinda early just after we set our clocks back in October a few years ago. I had another real tasty Flank Steak on the ol' grill (with Worcestershire Sauce and McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning) when the GF came out onto the back porch to see how things were coming along. Now our porch used to be screened in but the screen was in real bad shape when she took occupancy in 85' do she just ripped it all out. A thick and heavy wall-cloud thunder storm brewed up. Wind blowin' pretty heavy but since we're cooking with propane we just closed the lid. Now we just love to watch storms in the livingroom through a large picture window facing West and it was just that more exciting to be outside to feel the fury. A few minutes later all the power goes out on our street and the GF has a big grin on her face. I look at her like "What's with you?" The next thing I knew she was all over me hair on a gorrila. Needless to say we wound up seducing each other on the porch, in a rain storm, smelling a georgeous steak, and over a picnic table!

Guess you could say I had my steak and Edith too!9.gif ........o.k. so her name is Sheila, but down-under it means "woman".

JM : 2 degree's !!! Man thats summer wheather here, I'd have my shorts on bbqing in that wheather. lol

It was minus 30C the other night, I was outside with my parka and snow boots on, bbq just a whistlin trying to keep up. I had to have my gloves on so by beer would'nt stick to my hand. lol

we's a hardy breed up here ya know.

2.gif

What is a good rule of thumb for an increase in cooking time relative to drop in temperature? I like mine rare but the Mrs. likes hers well done but not leathery. Cooking mine isn't a problem but I can't seem to time well done right.