Klipsch Cornwall Speakers $1,600 Taylors, SC

John Chi-town

• 1 month later...

@BigTex258 ...to some they could be lower. He is asking that price, so after he makes contact back with you, ask if he will take an amount you can live with. Maybe worth the trip to listen. May want to ask for more pics of tops, sides. Do look good condition on exterior yet, may have scratch, blemishes. For the price need looks and decent sound. After a month now, he may be ready to part with them. Welcome!

I am a bargain hunter.

Tex — I seem to recall a few recent sales in the 1000-1500 neighborhoods but of course depends on condition. Hard to tell from the pics, but the ad mentions the thorens TT and Macintosh amp. If this ad has been up for 5 weeks, maybe a package deal on the speakers amp and TT? Good luck either way.

1 hour ago, billybob said:

@BigTex258 ...to some they could be lower. He is asking that price, so after he makes contact back with you, ask if he will take an amount you can live with. Maybe worth the trip to listen. May want to ask for more pics of tops, sides. Do look good condition on exterior yet, may have scratch, blemishes. For the price need looks and decent sound. After a month now, he may be ready to part with them. Welcome!

I am a bargain hunter.

Thanks BillyB! I am relatively new to pricing on these, been a long time fan but only the last couple weeks have I been searching hard. Seller said these are unopened to his knowledge he is 2nd owner. I'm assuming at the least these would need new caps. Of course it's far too easy to dive down the rabbit hole with mods in these. 

36 minutes ago, Sam S. said:

Tex — I seem to recall a few recent sales in the 1000-1500 neighborhoods but of course depends on condition. Hard to tell from the pics, but the ad mentions the thorens TT and Macintosh amp. If this ad has been up for 5 weeks, maybe a package deal on the speakers amp and TT? Good luck either way.

Thank you Sam, yeah I have seen between $1-5k for the C I's, good to hear you have seen similar sales. These are built in 1983 so also hard to know exactly what components they have as I understand things changed over through 1983 into the C II's. Love the idea on a bundle, he has the McIntosh MPI-4 & MR-80 listed in his profile but no amplifier. I know even less about McIntosh gear haha. Those look super cool though!

18 minutes ago, OO1 said:

just so that you're aware , these speakers are Cornwall Verticals  .  the drivers are mounted differently than a regular Cornwall   

OO1, seller posted a picture without the grill, and it appear the horns are mounted horizontally am I missing something?

I appreciate it guys.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Optical illusion with the grill on maybe? Look like regular Cornwalls.

I was looking at a different pair of Cornwalls ,   these were posted on the ASK THE HISTORIAN  not too long ago 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1240812750115146?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ad910a498-35a9-4c14-97dd-ac05b3f0951f

3 hours ago, billybob said:

May not need recapping right away. When buying, that is a consideration. Personally, I would pay less or keep looking.

Frugal am not, just realistic. As another said, 900 -1100 seen lately, even less.

Thanks Billy. Big help in keeping me from over spending. I was planning on a recap and most likely Ti diaphragms, so considering these are only CW I's paying much over $1k does seem a bit spendy, and I really shouldn't be in a huge rush. I might try offering a little over $1k and see if that get a bite. I have some Watkins 3 ways and Polk SDA2's to hold me over until the right pair/deal of Cornwall's comes up.

• Like 1

what we have here is a pair of Cornwall 1 for 1500$  with  nice grilles and copper badges and in no need of cosmetic repairs on the cabinets   , to me , this is an excellent deal  given the +++condition of the speakers .

6 hours ago, OO1 said:

what we have here is a pair of Cornwall 1 for 1500$  with  nice grilles and copper badges and in no need of cosmetic repairs on the cabinets   , to me , this is an excellent deal  given the +++condition of the speakers .

Your input is much appreciated OO1. I'll let you know how the negotiations pan out.