Optimizing Cornwall Set Up

ATL Dan

Hello, seeking some advice on optimizing sound quality with my Cornwalls. I am currently running them thru a chromecast device for Spotify with a 20 yr old 100 Amp Yamaha receiver. The cornwalls sound great but I feel I may be able to get better sound running a bluesound device or other upgraded DAC + Tidal or possibly upgrading my amp too. 

Any thoughts appreciated!!

Dan

Welcome to the club and join us on our journey to find the best CW setup. 

Just curious, which CW do you own? 

I'm not the right person to give you some advise. 

Probably any moment people will jump on this topic who can help you with your question. 

Perhaps some more information about your setup can help with giving some advise. 

How have you placed your speakers? 

How big is your room.. 

How much do you want to spent for your upgrade? 

The thing is, you can improve your sound in so many ways. 

• Like 2

Hey All, some additional notes. My room is large about 25 ft by 25 ft and the cornwalls fill is very nicely. I am am not very knowledgeable about separation and sound staging but it feels like I get great sound where I can here instruments playing in different places. My speakers are in the corners. The cornwalls are 30 years old but I rebuilt them with recent Crites components. My improvement  budget is about $1500. I get good sound but have this feeling that I could do even better if I had better electronics and streaming options to drive the cornwalls. The cornwalls are by far the best part of my system and I just want to provide them with cleaner sources that could turn a good system into a great one.

Thanks for the help!!

• Like 1

I have a pair of CW's that are driven by a pair of Mac MC225 tube amps. I also use Tidal through a Benchmark DAC. My preamp is a Benchmark LA4. The speakers are about 12' apart, slightly toe in. The room is about 18'x20' with a high ceiling. Sounds great to me!