SHOW OFF !!!

Dale W

Last night i was conversing with craig ( NOS440) over the inter-net about what kind of music i liked to listen to so he'd have a better idea on how to set up my mark III's. So after a lengthy conversation about frank sanatra, erin nevelle, dean martin, dr hook etc etc we came to an understanding.

But the last e-mail ended on this note. " i'll bet you love to show off to your friends too " of cource i agree'd and so did craig.

I'll bet were not alone either, how much do you guy's love the shock value your systems impose on your friends.

For pure shock value, nothing quite compares to showing off one's DIGESTIVE system, but any icky organs will work.

BTW, I have found Craig to be among the most generous and helpful members here on the board. Best of luck to him in his new business venture!

fini

Oh of course. The wow factor always bring warmth to your heart.

And fini, I am going to have to check out that link.

---------------------------------

This book dives face first into vats of everything you're not supposed to talk about, with sections entitled Barf, Boogers, Poop, Pee, B.O. and so forth. The illustrations are disgusting and unattractive, the text is filled with disturbing but entirely true passages such as "Snot is one part of your daily diet that you never think about.... Yup, you swallow about a quart of it each day. Just think: you swallow more snot that you drink milk", and lists of how to say various forbidden words in many languages

---------------------------------

nice!9.gif

I have little life outside of Kids, Work and Audio.

It is unpleasant to admit I have spent time with the Gossology book about 4 years ago as well as a myriad of other kids books.

BUT I thought we were talking about scaring friends.

I do "Gladiator" first scene at bone crushing levels through the RB-5 HT system. Little speaker and a 5 x 125 75 pound Sherwood Newcastle power amp. It is a little silly being that obnoxious.

And critical music listening to the Chorus IIs with the itty bitty PWM amp.

FUN FUN FUN!

Hehe,

I had some friends over to watch some movies back before christmas.

We started out with Star Wars Episode II, running my heresies as mains, the jbl's as surrounds and the sc1 as center channel(I had nothing hooked up as sub).

Right as it started up I realized we were about to be treated to the water droplet THX trailer so I cranked the volume up aways.

When the sphere with the storm inside it burst the sound shook my apartment rather a lot as it was quite loud.

One of my buddies turned and looked at me and said "D--- dude thats louder than a movie theater".

I just smiled and said yep you're right and my spl meter proves it16.gif

Peace, Josh

My younger brother set up our Panasonic DAT recorder and Shure microphones inside the organ chamber of the small pipe organ our dad built in our house way back in '83...I set up the music selection for the Cakewalk 4.0 sequencer to perform on the organ via a Devtronix digital MIDI interface (like a digital player piano, but without the rolls), and I chose various pieces of music to show off the loudest stops of the 19 rank instrument.

One composition in particular was Widor's Toccata from his Symphony No. 5, and it used practically every rank in the organ...the 8' English Trumpette, the 8' Oboe, and the 16' Contra Bassoon in the pedal being the loudest! For this piece, my brother repositioned the microphones closest to these loudest stops and readjusted the recording levels accordingly. After completing the demo tape, a few of our audiophile friends showed up for a BBQ we were having.

After stuffing our faces and drinking lots of beer, my brother hooked up the DAT recorder to my Mac amp and Cornwalls, and we all listened to the freshly made digital tape recording we had made just hours earlier...everyone was impressed thus far! When Widor's piece cued up, we cranked up the volume for the added shock value full organ would present to everyone in the room, especially with those added reed stops in the registration. Damn...not only did the windows and doors in the room rattle and shake, but it sounded like we were all standing inside the chamber itself while the Toccata was playing! The Cornwalls didn't even flinch, and with those added reed stops blarring in the room through those horns, it sounded better than "live"...the realism was tremendous!

It gave me goose-bumps! 10.gif