Really nice Tangent 5000s in Las Vegas for $225

tigerwoodKhorns

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Could even be 500s. Looks correct enough to me. Second pic too dark to see much. Grills seller may not have.

26 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Nice speakers and decent price except they have the wrong passive radiators in them.  Or at least one of them does.  

What they should look like...

image.png.b42efc5922babad177aec4e6fa91dd35.png

I don't know my tangents at all.  For $225 though it is a nice deal for someone.  Wish I had found these when I was a teenager for $225 in 1985 dollars. 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 8:30 AM, avguytx said:

Nice speakers and decent price except they have the wrong passive radiators in them.  Or at least one of them does. 

Yes I believe you are correct at least the one has the wrong passive but luckily those 12" passives pop up quite frequently on eBay for the price especially now at $175 I think it's still a great deal these are pretty close to forte level performance from what I remember. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Yes I believe you are correct at least the one has the wrong passive but luckily those 12" passives pop up quite frequently on eBay for the price especially now at $175 I think it's still a great deal these are pretty close to forte level performance from what I remember. 

No doubt.  I'd buy them at $175 and build new cabinets for them since those are about as simple of a cabinet as you can make.  You could have a set of Heresy II's or Forte's or Tangents. 

• Like 2

All original, including the radiators.  Cabinets are beat to shit.  Didn't really see how bad until I took them outside, after money exchanged hands ...but the idea is to make new ones anyway. Lol like I need another project...what can I say, it's a sickness. 

Edited by Got_Horns

On 2/8/2023 at 7:01 AM, avguytx said:

No doubt.  I'd buy them at $175 and build new cabinets for them since those are about as simple of a cabinet as you can make.  You could have a set of Heresy II's or Forte's or Tangents. 

That's the plan.  I was shocked at how lightly made these are

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Definitely easy "monkey coffins" to build and you can keep all the drivers in the front for better flexibility plus do some good bracing.

Really debating to make totally custom to the space cabinets.  I've been wanting to do this for some time.  Now I have my chance.

17 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Definitely easy "monkey coffins" to build and you can keep all the drivers in the front for better flexibility plus do some good bracing.

Where would I find the specs for sealed volume and such?  I'm sure there is a sweet spot on size for these drivers.

4 minutes ago, Got_Horns said:

Really debating to make totally custom to the space cabinets.  I've been wanting to do this for some time.  Now I have my chance.

2 minutes ago, Got_Horns said:

Where would I find the specs for sealed volume and such?  I'm sure there is a sweet spot on size for these drivers.

Use the same cabinet size (internal volume) and build something really cool looking. 

I am a JBL fan and have their 250tis and found some L7s.  Cabinets are perfect but you know, not that stellar looking.  I plan to build some custom cabs for them. 

I am PM'ing you on another topic.

• Like 1