RB-5 vs RP 600m

kohill

They would sound similar but better. I believe the crossover frequency has been altered to make them smoother. I have speakers from two different generations of the series, the RB 61 and RB 61 IIs. The IIs are noticeably nicer to my ears.. The six inch driver seems to be the sweet spot for modern Klipsch speakers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kohill said:

I have a pair of RB-5’s that I’ve had for years. Thinking about the new RP 600m. Would it sound better, or just different?

I just hooked up a pair of RP-160's on sale at newegg for $195 a pair shipped I'm shocked at how good these little guys sound.

https://www.newegg.com/klipsch-1060686/p/0S6-0033-001D7?Description=klipsch&cm_re=klipsch-_-0S6-0033-001D7-_-Product&quicklink=true

20230204_082525re.jpg

• Like 2

I've had 5's a long time..I've had 61 II, 160 and 600. I think their latter are pretty similar. The 600 are nice. The 5's however have a different sound and in the room I used em' for music were great with or without a sub. So...use, matching existing and deal (which they're many ) is what would determine my purchase were I in the market. I doubt I'll part with the 5's ever, I did sell the others. 

• Like 2