Can't find polarity markings on HF driver in Klipsch Forte IV upgrade kit

Stubb

3 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Easy question for those that know.  If you use a 9v battery to test, the + on the battery to + on the driver will cause it to go out, correct?  Not much use for a compression driver but good to know. 

Exactly. Connect some test leads from a 9V battery to the speaker terminals, but do it momentarily (tap, tap,...); don't clip them on and leave them on.

With the "+" of the battery connected to the "+" on the woofer, you can verify it moves the driver out. You want the same direction of movement with all three

drivers. Of course, with the tweeter you'll have to remove it from the horn to see. I don't know how much travel you'll see with the tweeter, but it's a valid test.

10 hours ago, Peter P. said:

Exactly. Connect some test leads from a 9V battery to the speaker terminals, but do it momentarily (tap, tap,...); don't clip them on and leave them on.

With the "+" of the battery connected to the "+" on the woofer, you can verify it moves the driver out. You want the same direction of movement with all three

drivers. Of course, with the tweeter you'll have to remove it from the horn to see. I don't know how much travel you'll see with the tweeter, but it's a valid test.

Not gonna work on a Tweet. 🙄

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Brokensausage said:

New to Klipsch and forum. I would like to buy the upgrade kit for the Forte lll to forte I. But cannot find it on Klipsch we site. Can anyone confirm where to buy? 

You need to contact Klipsch support directly. They’ll have you verify ownership of your Fortes and get you sorted out.