Klipsch&McLaren, The Legends Series, I like it!

KT88

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

We follow F1 closely - during the past two seasons the McLaren crew wore McLaren orange headphones with “Klipsch” across 

the ear cups. Same headphones this year minus the Klipsch on the cups. Possibly their association has ended - 

Yes the Klipsch sponsorship of McLaren, officially ended, the McLaren branded products were launched in the last year of their association. The limited edition (Was it 905s) sold out quickly. What’s on the website is what’s left.

Travis

• Moderators
1 hour ago, OO1 said:

the klipsch  / McLaren page is still up on the klipsch website , and in full swing    it's not over yet 

https://www.klipsch.com/speed-of-sound#team

I think @richieb he was referring to the sponsorship of McLaren by Klipsch, that ended last season. 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Klipschtastic said:

I think they were a flop as they are now selling them off at a big discount. I thought about buying a pair of Forte IVs if I could refinish them. I agree they are hideous and racing whether you like it or not is irrelevant to home audio. 

They sold out of the Limited Edition MCL 905 in two months, probably most to Europe, but who knows. They were $16,000 a pair.

They have sold thousands of other co-branded products like Lou Reed ear buds, and they even had some of those left over at the end.  

It’s hard to measure success of a limited/signature series product by what excess inventory they discount  at the end. I think Corey managed to get the last 3 pairs of Forte’s, but who knows how many they made and sold before that?

McLaren is a car company that has a racing division (F1 and GT). Their cars sell for $250K up to near 1 million. They make about 4,000 cars a year, by hand. I think they announced their 20,000th car made about 2 years ago.

Papaya Orange (did someone call that yellow?) is trademarked (yes you can trademark a color) and is well known to those that travel in those circles. 

The McLaren dealership I was in had all of the smaller products in stock and on display, I don’t know if that was true everywhere. 

It is for certain a very exclusive market, and an uber luxury brand. 

• Like 1