Superbowl Sunday???

NOZ

jt1stcav, every once in awhile, it's time to pass the buc... and this time it's the Raider's turn! For bigger letters, just highlight your text and change the number in the box after the text box (it normally shows "2") and you too can have big type... like this:

My Klipsch posts are LOUD

Because my Macintosh lets them be that way!

Hmmm, so much for thinking for one's self! 2.gif =HornEd

A buc-an-ear is a small price to pay for adorning a football-headed audiophile. Any team that hires an ex-Raider is Grudenough for me... but may not be enough to win this one... too many old guys willing to filet it on the line! So before you deduct the odds on the old guys, remember, the 11.gif is in the details... even if Tampa has the defense... So I predict: deduct jumps over defence, defeat before detail!

Oops, that's just clever enough to leave me confused! I guess I'll stick to watching and leave the homey-sage stuff to Mr. John.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh, this may end up being a good game. Nice upset by Tampa (there are a couple of pissed Eagle fans at work - awwww, poor babies 11.gif ). I'll be going for Tampa, pretty much since it is an east coast team - closest to a "home" team for me. Funny that I'll be watching the game on the West Coast, though. Definitly will have to find a good sports bar there in Whistler Village to watch this one, unless the nine of us have our own party at the house we rented.

----------------

On 1/20/2003 4:18:46 PM HornEd wrote:

"jt1stcav
, every once in awhile, it's time to pass the buc... and this time it's the Raider's turn!"

----------------

HornEd, you're great, you know that? You're play on words are both entertaining and informative...we just never know what to expect next from your sharp witted mind and fast typing hands!
9.gif

Every Klipschan out there in Forumland can learn so much from your experiences and vast knowledge on everything pertaining to Klipsch (and to life in general).

There isn't a subject matter that you won't touch base on, and when you go forth and explore the world (sorry forrest), you do it with such finess that everyone is capable of understanding completely what you're trying to convey, or teach the rest of us. You are truely an asset to this Forum, and to all Klipschans as a whole!

I've learned quite a bit so far from my short tenure here at the Klipsch Forums from alot of very fine posters, but I have to give credit where credit is due. You, HornEd are truely one of a kind! Even though we might not always agree on every single discussion, I respect your judgement soley because you've been there, and done that!

But it's time to face the facts. You can't always be right on every single issue, and this time that some of us younger folks on the East Coast get to bask in all the glory...
accept the
fact that
the Tampa Bay
Buccaneers are
gonna kick Oakland's
Butt!

We'll see next Sunday. If I was a bettin' man, I'd wager my very own Cornwalls...but I've always lost all my previous bets, so I've learned my lesson (plus I could never part with my Cornwalls).
3.gif

Wow, I do try and I'm glad it does some good... if only on the light hearted side. And one this is for sure, you sure picked up on that type sizing thing! As a Cornwall owner, I think you ought to hang on to the Cornwalls. Tampa Bay's coach certainly has an advantage in knowing the Raiders and Tampa Bay's defense is a fearsome group... but somehow, the old gezer Raiders will still show up... and maybe surprise us all. More later... I'm tired. Thanks again for the encoraging words on everything but the poor old Raiders. jt1stcav. =HornEd

----------------

On 1/21/2003 2:38:45 AM HornEd wrote:

..." I'm tired. Thanks again for the encoraging words on everything but the poor old Raiders.
jt1stcav
. =HornEd"
----------------

No prObl em! Wow, thi s is fun!

9.gif9.gif9.gif

JT1......oh, uh....I don't care who wins as long as it's a good, fair game.............................................. NOT!!!!

Besides, when the game's over I'll be so stuffed with scooby snacks and cold beverage that I won't have room for those enormous words. So.....

Dah RAIDAHs have to just win baby

I wish I didn't have to work next Sunday...it's going to be a good game (dare I say, a "close" game?).

To Ed, HornEd, and all the Oakland Raiders fans out there, I just want to say that I hope that both teams play fairly and conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner. And that may the best team win!

No monsters created here! 2.gif

Now that jt of the 1st cav is attacking his Macintrash keybored reviewing prep plans A thru G ...and now he's into Preparation H, the BuckinRears gamey plan to entice Raiders into a rectalinear Parthian shot... but our Raiders are bent on NOT being grudenized6.gif !

Yep, they may have flamed eagles at the cheesesteak... and picked gold from Niner's fillings... BUTT THE BUC STOPS HERE! After a quarter's worth of dominatricks, Tamp-O'Bey pretty bouys will be looking for their better half... only to find it licking Raiders' boots.

Yep, old jt has gone out of his way to "make nice" (hmmm, can you imagine a Raider Fan making nice before a Super Bowl against a team that has the number one defense AND the coach that knows more about these Oakland Raiders the Al Davis?) Whoa, Nellie, that first cavelry must be fixen' to circle back... maybe with one of those Deride and Conquer ploys... you just never can tell waht that jt cat's gonna drag out of the old cat box next?

At the end of the came, we can expect to see each Buc well spent... and Jerry Rice setting the NFL post season record with the winning touchdown.

So other than that, jt, how was your day? Jeez Loueez, this tryin' to be a Raider fan isn't easy! I just hope they play a good fair game, no one gets too hurt and the better Raider teams wins! 9.gif =HornEd

Are you kidding? HornEd, there is no way on God's green earth that I can march all over you, ol' Holy Klipsch-horned One! To do so is sheer madness...it's suicide, really.

I vented, I let off some steam, and you know where I'm coming from, so we'll leave it at that. This 1st Cavarlry soldier will retreat and bow down to the Great One with Horns and let him have his day in the sun...wait a minute...what the hell am I saying?

Oh man, your powers are stronge, but the force ain't with you, Obi-Wan Horn-Obie! Say Goodbye to everything you know, because Tampa Bay is gonna Rule THE DAY!!

Enough said...9.gif

I'll be going to a Superbowl party where my partner just got a set of

RF-7's. He claims that his RF-7's sound better than my Forte's but I have not heard them yet. So more than likely, we will be sampling music and talking a whole bunch of **** to see who will take home the bragging rights. 9.gif

JT......how I do enjoy a good gridiron discussion......great to be in the company of a 'true' fan(atic). We're getting fewer and farther between!

However, not even our beloved 'Chuckie' can save your 'Tampon Bay Bucket-o-rears'.

Will the age old question finally be resolved once and for all?? Will no. 1 "D" beat no. 1 "O"?? I think not, but we will find out.

I wish your team the best of luck (in wiping away tears the size of cabbage in October as they view Bill and the boys hoisting the Lombardi)

BOOM !!! Whoa ! What happened ? One minute Im sawing branches down from the trees around my house and the next minute Im picking myself up off the ground to hear the Raiders are in the Super Bowl. Most excellent. Hey. Whys my hair all gray? Hmmmmm. Must of gotten too close to those power lines. Oh well . Never mind that. Were talking football here. Itll be a great game. Ken The Snake Stabler will be winging that ball like no one else can. Dave Casper will be picking up 20 yards a catch in between handoffs to Mark Van Eeghen powering the ball up the middle. Cliff Branch and Fred Biletnikoff are going to burning guys all day while grabbing in those long bombs from Kenny. Yeah its going to be great. Lets not forget about the defense. I can assure you the other team wont with monsters like John Matuszak and Ted Hendricks running loose and looking for fresh meat to tackle. Ha ha. Yup. Its in the bag for the Raiders especially when you have the greatest coach in football, John Madden ,calling the plays. Fantastic! Im going to start getting ready today and set up my VCR to record all the pregame shows and begin gathering all my Super Bowl munchies for the BIG ONE. Hey. I like getting prepared way ahead of time. It will drive me crazy if I miss even a minute of the action .Its gonna be fun. But not for the Vikings. They dont stand a chance. Wait a minute... I still have time to get a Super bowl party together. Im getting on the phone right now and invite all my college buddies over. Boy O Boy ! Will they ever be surprised.

9.gif

Hey, BBB, 'though I was able to summon up a few drops of the old Raider bravado to share with that jealous tanker's bug-in-ear jt slanty rants... my memories are steeped in the Raiders of old and my old team center "Red" who led them... and re-emerged as a white haired Super Bowl announcer. But, for old times sake, it just seemed we ought to rock their smugly patched pee-rat barge a bit. It will be intersting if Oakland's BIG OFFENSIVE (trash talking) LINE has an answer for the top dog defensive weenies... at least if jt's seadogs get a leg up... they'll take just enough time to mark the territory that maybe those old Raiders can rock on past them... Of course, from the wrinkles on their pigskin, you know these old Raider's are looking for real rockers on the sideline too... huff 'n puff... where's the magic draggin' stuff?

I need to head up to San Francisco to bring some Klipsch gear and a BIG screen so that my friends at the mountain resort can see our Bay Area Raiders take the Tampa Bay Bucs for a walk... on the Super Plank out of Qualcomm Stadium and into San Diego Bay. For a lot of folks at the resort, this will be their first time knowingly enjoying a Klipsched Super Bowl commentary. Fortunately, I have an old Raider sweatshirt I got from the Madden years to restore a Holey auora on Super Sunday! I mean, honestly, deang, first it was Wholly money-mad sports... and now it's Holey past-its-prime sweats... next it will become a three day National Holiday... and the game can be played on Monday... and Holy will be truly home. Then again, there's this Seventh Day Adventist friend of mine...

The big question is that can Oaklands pass first (and save the excuse me's) with enough veteran wide receiver gas to part the Sapp inspired "Tampa Twiggies" (light weight Buc defensive line)... then can the tougher-than-nails Raider image prove equal to Gruden sending a Brad in to do a Nail's job?

Some say it will be a Gannon-ade vs. Sapp-sucker kinda day. Well, that would really favor the svelte old Rich guy in Super Bowl XXXVII... I mean, I appreciate Warren's talent to suck the life out of opposing offenses... but since when did he fit into a size XXXVII anything? err, that's hats excepted!

Hmmm, come to think of it, hisorically buccaneers filled their boats with gold by the galleon... and were even known to mount mules and charge a Hispanic Fort or two. So there is indeed a historical precident for jt's 1st Buc'nSneer Cavalry!

Gee, is it only five days until HornEd congratulates jt1stCav...

for being a good sport! =HornEd with patch

All the people I know don't even acknowledge my HT system exists. They either don't care or maybe just extremely jealous!! (with the exeption of one of my brothers)

Pioneer Elite Pro 710 (64 inch)

Pioneer Elite DV-05 dvd Player

Pioneer Elite VSX 47tx Receiver

Definitive Technology Front-Center-surround

(Sorry no Klipsch for my HT system)

About $15,000 worth of HT and not even a wow, so the hell with them I'll watch it and enjoy myself!!

11.gif

Sorry, rf3iicrazy, but it looks like all of your Pioneering efforts on this Forum will be Klipsched in the bud, bud. I mean the closest thing we have to a resident "DeafTech" proct, oh, ahl, oh gee... audiologist is TheEAR(s)... and even he has Klipsch in his cupboards (excuse me, EAR(s), listening rooms!)... so how did you come by that rf3iicrazy handle? Then again, maybe it's because that DefTec surround has that ProLogic throw-back bi-polar disorder? Hmm, talk about a $15k.o...

Meanwhile, back to the gamier side of the general talk-it-up forum...

Remember jt1stcav the loser has to

TAKE OUT THE TRASH ON MONDAY!

=HornEd with patch... 11.gif ... no, not Dan Patch, deang chased him from "hear" to Bose for spelling pray with an "e"!

Yeah, rf3iicrazy, I saw that... but I was in my Raider trash talkin' mode and that includes overlooking the obvious imposing stature of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers... and a sensitive (98dB @ 1watt/1meter) last line vindication. lol Butt hey, don't tell jt1stcav that I have a civil side 'til Monday. =HornEd

PS: Oh, yeah, and...

Hey, rf3iicrazy, that's a great system you got there...

I can hear Madden debunkin' Tampondeers from here!

PPS: A friend just handed me a Bizarro cartoon from today's paper. It depicts a lion tamer and a hungry lion. The Grudenesque lion tamer sez, "I will now climb into the mouth of this lion and re-emerge in a different form in two or three days!" Come to think of it the Buccaneers last loss came after they had been through the Lions... and Sunday we will no for sure as the softcore Tampa residue hits the hardcore Raider fans!