Klipsh Chorus I Floor Speakers $1,299 Hampshire, IL **Pending Sale**

John Chi-town

One owner and look to be in outstanding shape. You just don't see older speakers in this sort of condition very often. I have never listened to the original Chorus, but we'll keep our II's for the long haul. Won't last long I bet..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mikekid said:

One owner and look to be in outstanding shape. You just don't see older speakers in this sort of condition very often. I have never listened to the original Chorus, but we'll keep our II's for the long haul. Won't last long I bet..

I’ve been meaning to read the differences myself. It interests me personally as I’ve been exposed to my uncle’s fantastic Chorus IIs throughout the formative years and I was intrigued that they dropped the porting from the Is. Anyway, this is a decent thread of a gentleman’s subjectivity on the matter. 

Also, Huntley is like an hour from me.. ugh. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Micklipsch said:

I was intrigued that they dropped the porting from the Is.

The passive radiator replaced the porting. The PR has advantages, such as helping to co trol the driver excursion below the tuning frequency. But you probably knew that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

The passive radiator replaced the porting. The PR has advantages, such as helping to co trol the driver excursion below the tuning frequency. But you probably knew that.

I did, but did not notice the I didn’t have the passive. Heh!

On 4/4/2023 at 12:29 PM, billybob said:

image.thumb.png.20df4b91ba696f66c0d47894ea5bb711.png

This photo looks like photo cropping, the speaker riser appears to be angled but you can't see the sides where the top of the speaker appears parallel to the wall.

The depth of the speaker appears to be shorter compared to the dresser sitting next to it.  Makes me wonder.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Southern said:

This photo looks like photo cropping, the speaker riser appears to be angled but you can't see the sides where the top of the speaker appears parallel to the wall.

The depth of the speaker appears to be shorter compared to the dresser sitting next to it.  Makes me wonder.

It is really impossible to tell the condition of these speakers with these photos. It just doesn't appear to me that the seller is all that serious about selling. He states they are clean and maybe they are but then again maybe they are not even average in the eyes of some beholders. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stormin said:

It is really impossible to tell the condition of these speakers with these photos. It just doesn't appear to me that the seller is all that serious about selling. He states they are clean and maybe they are but then again maybe they are not even average in the eyes of some beholders. 

If interested, then inquire for additional photos.  Or better yet, request an appointment to see.  One never knows without taking the next step.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

If interested, then inquire for additional photos.  Or better yet, request an appointment to see.  One never knows without taking the next step.

Not in the least interested. Others should be aware of the shortcomings of these photos and be careful of the glowing reviews without more knowledge.

I've a little experience with the Chorus variety for the last 33 years. Just be careful.

3 minutes ago, stormin said:

Not in the least interested. Others should be aware of the shortcomings of these photos and be careful of the glowing reviews without more knowledge.

I've a little experience with the Chorus variety for the last 33 years. Just be careful.

Agreed.  I think that is what I stated above.?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stormin said:

That would be my take...

• John Chi-town changed the title to Klipsh Chorus I Floor Speakers $1,299 Hampshire, IL **Pending Sale**