the saxophone I decided to keep !!!!!

prodj101

well, heres the saxophone I decided to keep. the selmer got the boot. Damn, I love this thing so much, plays like a klipschorn (not characteristly, but like the klipschorn of saxophones), and it is one of the better saxophones in production 9.gif . I should be happy for a few decades now. if you're curious, it's a Keilwerth SX-90 T.

post-10107-13819246165498_thumb.jpg

Prodj101

Damn I hate it when unscrupulous dealers screw teenagers!!

That thing is right shiny an' all but Good Lord son. That thing just ain't no Susyphone no matter what that slick feller told you. Damnit I hope y'all didn't buy any of them watches he wuz selling !

( Poor boy probly met up with the same fellers that sold cousin elmo them doggy dirt digit speekers. Elmo had ta rent a van and spent about 3 days in front of the preskool before he got ridda them things - He'da been rat peed to ekseptin he got hisself orders for 3 more sets and that cuty what teachis kindergarden took him home as a pet. Funny but pore ole Elmo looks kinda tired laytly - I wonder iffn the pore boy is gettin fed regler ? )

Looking at your beautiful choice and, suddenly, the realization that we, your Forum friends, have been cheated! An instrument to reach its potential must be locked in symbiotic rapture of "musician/instrument" in mid-wail. This is no time to save the "wails"... how about a photo of you making that pretty puppy howl? =HornEd

PS: Follow your talent... but keep your head on straight... it's the journey that counts... don't get sidetracked with how good you are... just mainline to be what you can be. And, oh, yeah, keep that mainline musical and not intravenous (like too many great musicians have done in search of glory).

PPS: And thanks, proj101, for creating an attitude and acceptance that are welcome on this Forum... not too many talented folks your age have been able to do that. We all look forward to the time when we can say... "Oscar Peterson, oh yeah, he's the guy that played the piano like Trevor plays the sax... and rapped with him on the Klipsch Forum in 2002!"

PPPS: On close inspection of your "toe jam" avatar I found the secret of its success is in its third leg... should we draw a conclusion from that about how you tap out the rhythmn for your own tune time?

yeah, my third leg really helps me out alot as far as keepin a beat. I can walk alot faster like that too since it's like layin down a conveyorbelt. At any rate, toejam and earl was a really good game, I still play it every once in awhile. I especially like the music in it, which is funk to the extreme. I'll try to get a picture of me playin later on. no ones here but me right now and I forgot how to set the timer on our camera. I wish I would have taken pictures at some of the concerts I've done 15.gif but at any rate, talk about a good christmas present!

why not keep both?

more the better >=)

then again... i guess having two guitars is more practical than two saxophones, because i have one guitar with 12 guage strings, and one with 10 gauges... and i can tune one into a different key, so i can switch guitars in the middle of a preformance rather than having to tune one guitar in the middle of the show.

----------------

On 1/20/2003 1:57:13 AM prodj101 wrote:

saxophones are also alot more pricey than guitars jasnoob
9.gif

----------------

Not necessarily ProDJ,how much does a sax cost nowdays? I have a 1992 Martin HJ28 Acoustic Guitar that retailed for $3,050 in 1992. I got a heck of a deal on it new for $1,800.

Regards,

Greg

As the supply side of my son's bifurcated trombone (peashooter & alto - love them horns!) and guitar (acoustic & electric - isn't it romantic?) upgrade paths, I can attest to the long green that a short stint on a particular instrument may entail. And, frankly, I wouldn't have had it any other way! Give it all you've got, Prodj, because obviously, you're getting the kind of support a lot of people your age can only dream about. =HornEd