Nice looking Scott 299 C on Audiogon

No Disc

For some of the rusty Eicos I have seen lately they want about $ 240-270 including shipping.

And the Scotts $ 450 and up.

I am still having my friends in Mexico looking for me.

Is the Eico ST-70 any good as an entry level vintage integrated?

The Knights I have seen have tiny transformers. Perhaps they would just be a frustration to stay away from.

Craig,

Any pawn shops in Detroit you want me to check out? I am pretty brave.

Flynn,

None that I know of !! But if you find some juicy stuff let me know for sure 1.gif

Stay away from the Knight stuff from what I've seen there less the steller.

The EICO ST-70 is suppose to be a darn good sounding Amp. A St-40 and ST-70 ended a today or yesterday for just over $100 bucks each a real bargin if you ask me.

Scott's have been going for right around $200 again on ebay some darn nice one too !!

Craig

There have actually been some pretty reasonable integrateds on ebay in the last month. VERY nice and reasonable. Some HF-81 that seemed good. Hell, there is one on there now that looks like it could be a good find. Dont get the one with the transformers that arent matching, however. The Scotts have been coming up too. A lot of questions on here for cheap integrateds and they are coming up all the time, just as always. Keep your eye open and do a search every day. Dont search only for model number either, you will lose the BEST bargains for the bad listing titles.

The Pilot amps are VERY good as well. A few models really stand out but they do cost a bit more. As stated, if the iron is good, most things can be fixed. Anyone interested, Craig of NOS Valves could probably do the work for a reasonable, still keeping the cost down for a up to spec, gone over amp.

The ST-70 EICO has gotten a lot of good comments. I would only take one with a new face plate mod out of wood or custom alum and knobs! heh... The output tube choice is also problematic - what you save will be eaten up in more expensive outputs.

kh

Kelly,

Speaking of Pilot. I rebuilt a Pilot SA 232 6BQ5 power amp and SP 210 preamp about 6 month ago for guy I met on the Asylum. He wrote me yesterday telling me he sold them for $875 on Ebay. If I remember right he only paid $200 for the pair. I think I charged him $175. I wasn't all that impressed with the Preamp but the amp was surely a sweet sounding unit.

Check out his listing. When did I become a Engineer ?? 1.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1949040377&category=3284

Craig