Pair of Klipsch Heresy H-700 Model HD-BR Value??

alex7261

Hi Everyone! So I married this girl in 1988 because she had a pair of Klipsch speakers and amazingly we are still married 😃. But I think I should probably sell these now. With books and original receipt from 1978. We used them for a few years but have been in the back of a closet for most of their life. I did hook them up last year and they still work perfectly. 

Does anyone have any idea what these would be worth??  Thanks so much for any and all input and suggestions!  Alex

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

If I was her I would leave you for selling them.

OK just kidding, welcome.

Ditto!  What are they worth?  Priceless!  Unless you absolutely need the money the last thing I'd be doing is even considering selling them.

2 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Ditto!  What are they worth?  Priceless!  Unless you absolutely need the money the last thing I'd be doing is even considering selling them.

I know but we don't really have room for them anymore 🥴. Not a money thing.

@alex7261     Alex ,     the H-700 model designation changed to Heresy  in 72-73 

HD stands for Heresy Decorator /  BR stands for Birch Raw , , these are cult speakers  .

- you're asking for a value ,  if these Heresy speakers  are in mint condition    , you're looking at 1k$  .

13 hours ago, OO1 said:

@alex7261     Alex ,     the H-700 model designation changed to Heresy  in 72-73 

HD stands for Heresy Decorator /  BR stands for Birch Raw , , these are cult speakers  .

- you're asking for a value ,  if these Heresy speakers  are in mint condition    , you're looking at 1k$  .

Thank you so much for the great information. I appreciate the response and de-coding of the letters!

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

18 minutes ago, alex7261 said:

Thank you so much for the great information. I appreciate the response and de-coding of the letters!

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

those are certainly very pretty -- note that the grilles were most likely added later as the decorator models with the flat front like yours didn't come with them.  your grilles don't have the badges on them, but i see they are on the cabinets (typically decorators didn't have badges on the cabinets). the "R" means they were built in 1977 and are heresys, not h-700s.

regarding value, it certainly will depend on your market.  i recently sold some mint '75 heresys with oiled walnut finish for $750.  raw birch doesn't go for as much and the decorators are usually a bit less than the "regular" heresys.  so i think you should be very happy if you can get $600 or more for those.  not sure if the documentation (which is pretty unusual for someone to have) adds value or not.

Are you sure you don't have a place in your home (vacation home?) that needs well-reproduced music?  How do you play music now?

Otherwise, pass them along to someone else in the family?  

I'm guessing you can get $600-1000.  But unless you need that money, these have a great story and memory.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chronometers said:

Are you sure you don't have a place in your home (vacation home?) that needs well-reproduced music?  How do you play music now?

Otherwise, pass them along to someone else in the family?  

I'm guessing you can get $600-1000.  But unless you need that money, these have a great story and memory.  

Unfortunately, I sold all of my stereo equipment before our move and now have a pretty nice Sonos system that takes up a lot less room. I would actually like to hear them one last time so I hope whoever buys them brings an amp over to test them out!

5 hours ago, jcn3 said:

those are certainly very pretty -- note that the grilles were most likely added later as the decorator models with the flat front like yours didn't come with them.  your grilles don't have the badges on them, but i see they are on the cabinets (typically decorators didn't have badges on the cabinets). the "R" means they were built in 1977 and are heresys, not h-700s.

regarding value, it certainly will depend on your market.  i recently sold some mint '75 heresys with oiled walnut finish for $750.  raw birch doesn't go for as much and the decorators are usually a bit less than the "regular" heresys.  so i think you should be very happy if you can get $600 or more for those.  not sure if the documentation (which is pretty unusual for someone to have) adds value or not.

Now that you mention it, I do have the badges somewhere. I remember packing them. I will look for them. Thanks so much for all of your wisdom!

• Like 1

Those are really nice. Fact you have the original documentation for them in such nice condition is also a great touch.

Very neat depiction on them with a 3-channel stereo living room with a center Belle flanked by 2 cornerhorns.

Like others have said these are cult classics and if you can find a way to hold on to them, I totally would. You might regret selling them someday!

Best of luck!