vacation time

Marvel

Going to do this a little backwards. We've been in Culion, a small town on an island of the same name at the north end of Palawan, PH. Left early, as a low pressure area is building. Turned out the water was about as calm as it ever gets.

IMG_20230722_7156.jpg

• Like 5

This is a. Short repost:

After a two hour shuttle ride to the airport, we got to take a 15 hr flight Atlanta to Incheon... short layover and a three hr hop on to the Philippines. Heat index only 93f, but the humidity is 82%.

The time here was getting some things fixed at the small house on a very small piece of property the family owns. Also when we attended the the HS graduation of my wife's grandson.

Next,, a two hours drive through Manila to the airport, and a fairly short flight to the island of Busuanga... down to the coast where we headed to Culion. First, as some friends were on the boat we stopped at a tiny island d for a party...

20230720_132045~2.jpg

20230720_123101~2.jpg

• Like 4

Four years ago we loaned my wife's BIL the money to get a new tricycle. All six of us fit along with our luggage. He's had it paid off for a while now and he keeps it clean. They have set rates for most trips in town and during the school year has transfers a lot of kids to/from school. Covid made it more difficult for them, though.

20230722_082403~2.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah, like others....jealous!!!

Looks like a fantastic trip and a beautiful location.  When you left home and arrived on location, how long did it take?  I've always gone east (europe) and never been further west than swimming in the ocean in California.  Love the idea of going somewhere on that side of the world but slow down thinking it's a trip just to get to California and you are just now starting the trip from there....  Tough to squeeze a trip like that in a week vacation so it would have to be 2-3 weeks (my opinion).

Any non-stop flights from Knoxville to there?  :emotion-14:

• Like 1

Richard. We had a 15 hour flight to Seoul/Incheon  and onother 3 hours to Manila. Plus the layover times... yup, it 's pretty rough. Would want to stay longer, but couldn't do more than three weeks off.

• Like 1