My new speakers

tuber

Hey There Bob

You're fighting a losing battle trying to send pics. Boyo. The temperature in Thompson today was only about 3 degrees K. above the point at which electrons are able to flow.

AKA Lest anyone think I am being a smartass - Well of course I am !! I've earned the right having lived in Thompson for a couple of years back in the late 1970's. Great town in many ways. That area has some of the best fishing and camping anywhere - (but you have to know where to go for it).

Bob now that you've lived with the new horns for a few weeks - How do they compare with your older pair ??

No smartass ?? here. Is broadband internet available in Thompson or is dialup still the only option ?

Hey lynnm, good to hear from you. Yes we have high speed, wireless two.

It's not that cold -49 C. with the wind, normal for this time of year Unfortunately the mild weather has us all spoiled.

As for the speakers I think the old ones sound better.

I guess I'll have to eat some crow on that one. Perhaps the new ones need more brake-in,

I noticed today the old speakers sound better with Tung Sol rectifiers, the new ones sounded

harsh but improved a lot when I switched to Philips JAN.

Bob

Well i think i've eared the right to jump in here and say howdy to a fellow thompson dweller.

Lynnm and i have already talked, i lived up there from 1969 to 1974. Lived at 14 davis bay and went to school at burntwood and eastwood. I was there when the school burnt down and they built burntwood with a underground running track.

I miss the north country and all our time spent at paint lake. Don't much miss fighting with the locals but it sure made me a tough kid when i moved away.Do thay still have the oval ski-doo race track just outside of town ? I still have some old throphys i won there .

Hi DALE, what a small world we live in.

My very first day in Thompson was the day the school

burnt down, it was a spectacular fire i'll never forget.

Unfortunatly the skidoo club died many years ago, sleds

became too expensive and intrest disappeared.

The schools still have a bad reputation. I was 20 years

old when I moved hear so I never had the pleasure.

Paint lake has seen a great deal of develoment many people live there full time.

HEY BOB . Nice speakers.

you might have been to young then to meet my dad, he was the service manager at mystrey lake moters, it was owned by byron watt at the time. I still to this day remember sitting in the car watching the school burn. They shipped us across town to eastwood while they rebuilt.

when i moved to alberta (in mid winter ) i arrived at school wearing a jean jacket, everyone thought i was nuts. I told them they don't know what cold really is .lol

I made a mistake in my other thread, it was 24 davis bay, last i heard most of the townhouses were boarded up and the locals were inhabiting them. Anyway i'd love to come back for a visit some summer.

Hey Dale

I probably did meet your dad as I worked for Roger Gagnon at Thompson Automotive Clinic from Jan. 73 until Jan 74, but I don't remember him.

Davis bay was renovated in the 80's and is going strong.

The town stayed about the same until the mid 90's then things started to grow, a bunch of

new houses were built in the Burntwood area down by the river, some very nice ($200-300

thousand) and two new strip malls, we have most of the usual things that you used to have

to go south for Mc D's, WalMart etc. some things never change though, the mosquitos are

still the size of small birds ( I saw two of them fly off with a can of Raid last summer, said they

were going to get high)

The night the school burned we were working at the shop, white coveralls were the norm, the

volunteer fire fighters also wore white coveralls so we got to slide past the barriers set up by

the police and get a good close look. Man what a blaze.

The fishing is still good, I'm sure you would enjoy a visit.