Plugging Quartet/Forte/Chorus Riser Screw Holes

Craigsttaa

I have Klipsch Quartet speakers aligned horizontally on a shelf in my family room (see photo). In this configuration, there are 4 screw holes where the risers used to be attached. I am concerned that the cabinet is no longer air-tight, and may be affecting the bass or otherwise. The speakers sound great; I just want to optimize.

1. Should I bother plugging the screw holes?

2. If so, what is the best way to plug?

I envision having these quartets in place for a long time. So a permanent plug is okay, but you never know if there is a temporary solution should I decide I want to re-attach the risers as some point. Since the Quartets are horizontal, the plugs will be slightly visible. So I'm also looking for a aesthetically pleasing solution.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

IMG_8722.HEIC

IMG_8722.HEIC

Edited by Craigsttaa
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Craigsttaa said:

I have Klipsch Quartet speakers aligned horizontally on a shelf in my family room (see photo). In this configuration, there are 4 screw holes where the risers used to be attached. I am concerned that the cabinet is no longer air-tight, and may be affecting the bass or otherwise. The speakers sound great; I just want to optimize.

1. Should I bother plugging the screw holes?

2. If so, what is the best way to plug?

I envision having these quartets in place for a long time. So a permanent plug is okay, but you never know if there is a temporary solution should I decide I want to re-attach the risers as some point. Since the Quartets are horizontal, the plugs will be slightly visible. So I'm also looking for a aesthetically pleasing solution.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

IMG_8722.HEICUnavailable

IMG_8722.HEIC 1.4 MB · 0 downloads

Yes you might just put screws back into holes. Good enough and reversible?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craigsttaa said:

Yes, I guess putting back the screws would be the easiest. I was originally worried they wouldn't look great, but I guess it is pretty easy to spray paint them brown and they will blend well enough with the wood veneer. Thanks

Either way, if seen, they look like serving a purpose, which they are. Bet they sound good.