KG 4.5 matching

JoeorLaurie

I have a pair of KG 4.5 speakers in the front and KSB1.1 speakers in the back with a KV-1 in the center. I'd like to upgrade the 1.1s and maybe the KV-1 (I think it fell off the entertainment center and has a very sloppy sound). Any suggetsions? I've checked out the suggestion under Home Audiom but I'm wondering if there are any other possibilities.

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by JoeorLaurie:

I have a pair of KG 4.5 speakers in the front and KSB1.1 speakers in the back with a KV-1 in the center. I'd like to upgrade the 1.1s and maybe the KV-1 (I think it fell off the entertainment center and has a very sloppy sound). Any suggetsions? I've checked out the suggestion under Home Audiom but I'm wondering if there are any other possibilities.

Unless that chart (that BobG spoke of) has changed, then is does NOT tell you the REAL proper match. It only suggest what speaker still currently in production that might be the "best compromise".

The proper center for your KG4.5s is a KV3 (or a KV2). For rears I would suggest just about anything in the KG series. Another pair of KG4.5s would be optimal (if you using DD5.1 or DTS surround), but like most people you probably don't have the room. I've seen some KG3.5s on eBay or you might look for some KG2 (or 2.5s). Good luck!

Joe, I've got a KV4 center speaker in excellent condition just sitting in its box, bought it, used it for about 5 months then I moved and its been in the box ever since. The color is black. Sorry I had KV3 but I traded it in a while back

Kman

Sorry Kman, but a KV4 would not be a good match for him. I also used to think the KV4 would be a good match for the KG series (and my KG5.5s) then BobG set me straight. I cannot remember what speakers that KV4 matches, but it's not the KG series!

• 2 weeks later...