Looking for McCartney's bass

Marvel

@artto

I was thinking about the thread from a couple years ago and you mentioned the large amps electric bass players had to haul around with their electric bass. The friend in the group I played with 50 years ago used the small Ampeg with a 12 in. speaker. It worked great for the small clubs in Memphis where we played. Actually amazing that the amp could fit inside the cab when transporting. I saw one for sale here in Chattanooga about 20 yrs ago and wish I had been able to get it.

pfmkz3qvtcxalpoxakjr.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

The GK is the one you've had for so long?

I sold my original 700RB and 210RBH cab about 10 years ago.

I got the 400RB back in January of this year.

I’d like to get/build some bigger cabs for it but for now it sounds great with the single 12” Celestion that used to be in the Trace Elliot combo.

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

@artto

I was thinking about the thread from a couple years ago and you mentioned the large amps electric bass players had to haul around with their electric bass. The friend in the group I played with 50 years ago used the small Ampeg with a 12 in. speaker. It worked great for the small clubs in Memphis where we played. Actually amazing that the amp could fit inside the cab when transporting. I saw one for sale here in Chattanooga about 20 yrs ago and wish I had been able to get it.

pfmkz3qvtcxalpoxakjr.jpg

Actually the Bass Amp was the B15N The 12" was a guitar amp Had one B15 in the High School Music Room. ,🙂

1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Actually the Bass Amp was the B15N The 12" was a guitar amp Had one B15 in the High School Music Room. ,🙂

All the PortaFlex amp/speaker combos were designed as bass amps.

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

@artto

pfmkz3qvtcxalpoxakjr.jpg

Thinking Acoustic 360 as a large Bass Amp 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 10:16 AM, Marvel said:

@artto

pfmkz3qvtcxalpoxakjr.jpg

PortaFlex 🙂