Last BBQ of the year?

YK Thom

We have had two days of fantastic unseasonably warm temps here in the great white north. Currently -1C, usually -16 to -20 this time of year.

When opportunity knocks I'm firing up the BBQ likely for the last time until spring.

A small rack of lamb for myself and steak for my wife.

Lamb.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, YK Thom said:

Fingers crossed. Trying a paste rub on the lamb - olive oil,lemon, mustard, rosemary,pepper, garlic and thyme. I've had it in restaurants. My wife likes the tried and true Montreal steak spice.

I use red pepper than burn each side until charred (really burned) with the inside medium. No smell. Eat with fingers and chew like a rabid dog.

JJK

• Like 1

Grasshopper, I wish it could be year round, there some up here that do, all about having a wind sheltered spot and a bulb to keep the propane from gelling. I have a smaller footprint unit ( two burners) that operates until -10 (without wind). After that I'm lucky to achieve baking temps so the cover goes on. I'm on the tenth floor of a 17 story condo tower in downtown Yellowknife.