In Wall Heresys.......

m-dub

Well, I have to admit, I've made only a couple posts or so in this forum, and it saved me alot of money and time already! My original "InWall Cornwall" idea turned out to a bust in my application. HOWEVER,..while pushing the physical limits of my brain looking to make the Corns work, a novel idea came upon me that made me step back and rethink my position. And the answer is Heresys.

Believe it or not, the IW250's that I had in the wall (the 4 holes in the picture) are damn close to the same size as the Heresys. I didn't know they were so small. I know most of you guys in this forum are dead set on the Heritage line, but as far as in wall speakers go, those little IW250's kicked some rear end!

But in the never ending search for the elusive "bigger and better" (that's why wer're all here right?), I've decided to pluck out the in walls. I think I have a line on a couple pair of Heresys that will, with a little framing and building on the back side of that wall, fit right into the same spot the in walls were. It will work!!

But alas,..now I don't have enough power! Need to start looking for another PA-7,.then I need to make more space for that, as my component rack is stuffed full like a burrito! Well,..to all who care, I'll keep this project posted as it moves along. HDBR, thanx for making me rethink my ways! Take `er easy all!2.gif

post-11169-13819246222678_thumb.jpg

Raising the Heresy off of the floor will diminish the base response somewhat, since the cabinet was designed to "couple" with the floor. Of course you could compensate with a good subwoofer.

Having them as inwalls will also screw up the imaging of the Hersey, it all depends if you want to use them for background or serious listening.

HOBBIT,..thanx for the input on the Heresys. Actually I've never heard them before, but I know the components,..and that's good enough for me. I realize I will lose much of the bass response by doing this, but I'm running out of options. I have a Velodyne ULD-15 now, and plan on getting 2 more Velodyne 12's for the same room. The bass (when I'm done, shouldn't be an issue). Hopefully it all works out. It's hard to find a balance between "fine, easy listening" and "Wow I'm drunk,..where's the volume knob?" Meaning,.I sure like to spin the knob from time to time, and the Klipsch's sound nice at that volume to me. So,..where does it end?

FINI..I had thought about selling them on ebay, but I may end up using them in the bedroom. My house is under what I call "perma-struction": it's never ending, and always changing. So they may find a home in a strange place someday. They don't sell them anymore,..so that's another reason. If you are looking for inwalls though,..I can vouch for the 250's. They do sound nice. And also, I ran them for 2 years with 250 Carver watts going through each one of the 4 I had on the wall. They never blinked an eye, and sound as good as new! I've seen them on ebay from time to time. One set went for $70,..and I missed it!

That's it for now,...take `er easy!

Yes,..I can't have the Cornwalls in that room. They are too big, and it's hard to shoot pool around them without hitting them w/ the cue. That why I originally had all in wall speakers, and am planning to do the same with the Heresys. I want 2 more subs only because I have room under the foosball table for 2. I'd like to face them in opposing directions and give it a try. If I get any bass cancellation due to one too many subwoofers, I'll just use it in a adiff. room, or sell it. But I'd like to hear what they all sound like together.

Very Cool HWATKINS! I like that. I did something similiar with a pair of Tangent 300's some years ago. It looks real nice too. I'll post some pics when I get the Heresys stuck in the wall. May take a little time though...

Take care.

Mark