KG4

MrT58

So a deal came up for  a pair of KG4-WO's, got em for 340. (SN's 8514562/3)   Compared to the heresy 1.5, definitely a different sound, much warmer. For some stuff it seems better other stuff the heresy wins out 

aside from a cap kit anything I should look to be updating?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrT58 said:

So a deal came up for  a pair of KG4-WO's, got em for 340. (SN's 8514562/3)   Compared to the heresy 1.5, definitely a different sound, much warmer. For some stuff it seems better other stuff the heresy wins out 

Cap refresh is about it. Likely, OP plenty of time for that. Would get to know the 4s better as is for now. Nice speakers...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrT58 said:

Just make sure the cabinet is tight. Good deal for walnut!

4 hours ago, MrT58 said:

make sure , the KG-4 woofers are in good shape , since the parts are no longer manufactured by klipsch .  

On 12/8/2023 at 8:05 PM, wuzzzer said:

With the type of caps used in KG-4s, I'm guessing you won't hear much if any difference after installing the new ones.

Will report back once I get to it-   did a full day with them, in the evening I swapped over to the heresies, and the mids and highs are so much more evident.   I still cannot decide which I like better!

• Like 1