Going to upgrade front speakers

harleybaggerdave

Hey all new to the community and Home Theater. Current setup is Onkyo AVR, front speakers Klipsch RP-500m, RP-500C, Rear surround RP-402s, and  Sub SW121. I’m thinking of buying either the  RP-600mii or floor standing RP-5000fii to replace the 500m bookshelf’s, (leaning toward the floor speakers) I was curious if the 500m would be better for the rear surrounds over the current 402s. Really don’t have room logistics for side speakers too. Going to upgrade center in a couple weeks too.

. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harleybaggerdave said:

Hey all new to the community and Home Theater. Current setup is Onkyo AVR, front speakers Klipsch RP-500m, RP-500C, Rear surround RP-402s, and  Sub SW121. I’m thinking of buying either the  RP-600mii or floor standing RP-5000fii to replace the 500m bookshelf’s, (leaning toward the floor speakers) I was curious if the 500m would be better for the rear surrounds over the current 402s. Really don’t have room logistics for side speakers too. Going to upgrade center in a couple weeks too.

. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you're going to go with an Atmos setup, the wide dispersion 402s work really well as surrounds.  And, I know we all have limitations based on our rooms but in a 5 speaker surround setup your surrounds are actually your side surrounds, a 7 speaker setup adds rear surrounds.

For the most noticeable upgrade, I'd suggest upgrading your center and adding a second identical sub.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Unless you're going to go with an Atmos setup, the wide dispersion 402s work really well as surrounds.  And, I know we all have limitations based on our rooms but in a 5 speaker surround setup your surrounds are actually your side surrounds, a 7 speaker setup adds rear surrounds.

For the most noticeable upgrade, I'd suggest upgrading your center and adding a second identical sub.

So upgrade center, add another sub and stick with 500m for front left and right for now? I’m trying for a more immersive experience and just wasn’t sure if the small bookshelf’s are cutting it.

39 minutes ago, harleybaggerdave said:

I was also wondering if I could add the R-120sw to my existing r-121sw because right now it's $300 cheaper than my 121, or should I just wait and buy another 121?

Don’t mix subs.  If you can’t find another matching sub, sell the one you have and buy two new identical ones.

4 hours ago, harleybaggerdave said:

After much research I just ordered RP-504cii from Crutchfield. Deciding now if I should save for identical sub woofer that I have, or replace front left and right. This is just like owning a Harley and Jeep, (I have both), just keep spending and upgrading. Keeps me out of trouble though.

Awesome!  That center will be a huge upgrade.