New nomenclature for new LA SCALA

Islander

I happened to take a look at the Klipsch.com site, using the link at the top of the page, and happened to notice that the latest version of the La Scala is now called the La Scala III.  To me, this makes sense, and gives it a feeling of continuity with the older La Scalas, as well as harmonizing with the other Heritage Series speakers that are named by their version number.

Here it is:  https://www.klipsch.ca/collections/heritage/products/klipsch-la-scala-iii-floorstanding-speakers?variant=40025469780103

Since I'm in Canada, I was taken to the Klipsch.ca site, so that may be the price in Canadian dollars.  At least there's free shipping to all provinces!

• Like 1

Gentec are the klipsch Canadian distributor , they call the AL-5 ,  the Lascala III for the Canadian market  , and most Canadian dealers have switched to the LS III  designation  , there 's a Dealer in Nova Scotia  who uses both designations  which makes more sense  ( La Scala III / AL5  )  

https://glubes.ca/product/klipsch-heritage-series-speakers-la-scala-iii-al5/

Ah, so it's still the AL-5 in the US?  The La Scala III name makes more sense to me, since the AL-5 "name" sounds like a factory designation for a prototype, while La Scala III sounds like a fully developed member of the Heritage family.

What do you think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1