Another Forte 2 vs Chorus 2 thread

Cadmobile500

It's been said the Chorus 2 is a much better speaker than the Forte 2. Since the mid and tweeter are virtually the same would it be worth upgrading to the Chorus 2 from the Forte 2 when using a subwoofer?

I have Forte 2 now and a Lavoc 18" sub. It will take some work to fit the Chorus 2. Not to mention waf. Thanks in advance.

Chorus II would be interesting if you can find speakers in very good condition with no need for repairs   

the Chorus dimensions are   roughly 4 inches higher x 2 inches wider x 2 inches deeper vs a Forte II , finally the price ,  the Chorus and the Forte seem to be selling for pretty much the same prices lately. 

12 hours ago, Cadmobile500 said:

would it be worth upgrading to the Chorus 2 from the Forte 2

Only one way to find out for sure pick up some Chorus II's and try them out. I see no need to move the TV, worst case scenario the center speaker stand and sub move to the right a couple  inches so the center wouldn't be "centered" on the stand but could still be centered under the TV. 

They're both great speakers room acoustics and equipment matching will play a big role on which you prefer. For me I've always preferred the Chorus models higher sensitivity and more forward midrange bass isn't as deep but seems a bit more accurate. Again only way to know for sure is try them out.  

• Like 2