Help deciding: Heresy IV ($1800) or Chorus II ($1500)

I picked them up and been listening for 30 minutes. 

HOLY SHIT… chills. With the right recordings, It’s like listening with headphones that immerse your entire body. Haven’t felt that except at a concert. Ramsey Lewis Trio, Jacob Collier, Tori Kelly, Mozart, Ty Dolla Sign… these do it better than anything I’ve ever heard in a home setting. 

I was seriously considering getting the Quartets for a good bit cheaper, and maybe I would have loved those too, but man, I’m not complaining one bit. 

As far as moving them, I did need help getting them into my Honda sedan (one in back seat, one hanging out the trunk), but I successfully gently unloaded them, got them on the dolly, and got them up 2 big flights of stairs on my own. I’m not a big guy either—130 lbs. 

Worth every penny. Wife is on her way home after being away for a week. Surprise! :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, good surprise I hope... Congrats!

we’ll see. I texted as her plane was taking off. Also promised to get rid of all the meh Audio equipment I’ve been keeping around. tbh it’ll be quite easy now. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Benbanksy said:

HOLY SHIT… chills. With the right recordings, It’s like listening with headphones that immerse your entire body. Haven’t felt that except at a concert. Ramsey Lewis Trio, Jacob Collier, Tori Kelly, Mozart, Ty Dolla Sign… these do it better than anything I’ve ever heard in a home setting. 

I was seriously considering getting the Quartets for a good bit cheaper, and maybe I would have loved those too, but man, I’m not complaining one bit. 

As far as moving them, I did need help getting them into my Honda sedan (one in back seat, one hanging out the trunk), but I successfully gently unloaded them, got them on the dolly, and got them up 2 big flights of stairs on my own. I’m not a big guy either—130 lbs. 

Worth every penny. Wife is on her way home after being away for a week. Surprise! :) 

Fantastic review.  If you are new to Klipsch they can be very revealing and you might find some of your favorite tunes aren't your favorite on Klipsch while other tunes you liked seriously wake up and you love them even more.  I've heard songs on the radio that weren't my favorite that came alive on Chorus and I loved the song just for the sound quality.  The artists I have known love to hear their songs played on all sorts of things, they don't care as long as you play their tunes.  I have a neighbor who is a professional musician and he had never heard his own music on any hifi gear.  I had total fun watching him.  

When you get over your "what can these guys do" then just sit back and enjoy your new world, save your ears.  When I moved I used to set up my Chorus first before I moved anything else in so I could hear good tunes and also hear the room change as furniture moved in.  The imagery of one in the back seat and one hanging out the trunk is fabulous.  I hope you took a photo!  If not throw the boxes back in there just for the shot!

She saw the speakers and didn't demand that I return them. Not only that, she sat right down in the listening chair without my request and enjoyed a few tunes. I then turned them way louder and we danced around the living room to some bops. I call that a big win.  They aren't as "imposing" as I thought they may be (except, if I put a "normal" sized speaker in the same room).   These are, undoubtedly, a great addition to our home. Looking forward to years of enjoyment. Thanks to all for offering their input. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benbanksy said:

She saw the speakers and didn't demand that I return them. Not only that, she sat right down in the listening chair without my request and enjoyed a few tunes. I then turned them way louder and we danced around the living room to some bops. I call that a big win.  They aren't as "imposing" as I thought they may be (except, if I put a "normal" sized speaker in the same room).   These are, undoubtedly, a great addition to our home. Looking forward to years of enjoyment. Thanks to all for offering their input. 

I knew you’d love them. They are a hard speaker to beat. 

On 1/12/2024 at 1:56 PM, Benbanksy said:

HOLY SHIT… chills.

Yeah, I put the 301 back in service the other day. I hadn't listened to them for a few years. They sounded fantastic. 

3 hours ago, Benbanksy said:

They aren't as "imposing" as I thought they may be (except, if I put a "normal" sized speaker in the same room).

I have to lol in that the KP301s are bookshelf speakers compared to the MCM1900, both in size and sound. 🤯

• Like 1