FS: Cherry Cornwall III - Price Reduction

michaelwjones

44 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That's a brand that isn't said very often. Have you had it long?

Since new, about 43 years!  Originally had it paired with BIC Formula 3 speakers, which sounded amazingly good for what they were.  The receiver is pristine, the BICs are  long gone.

IMG_20230708_222507677.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MK 600 said:

Sure did, carried it out of the Playback store myself.

There was a Playback in a mall ~ 30 miles from where I lived and I was only 14 yo when you bought your Mark 600. Combining the distance and age, I wasn't in that store but a few times. 

What speakers are you using now?

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There was a Playback in a mall ~ 30 miles from where I lived and I was only 14 yo when you bought your Mark 600. Combining the distance and age, I wasn't in that store but a few times. 

What speakers are you using now?

Nothing currently but it looks like I will be using some Cornwall IIIs soon!

Thanks Shakeydeal.  This will be my first set of Klipsch, very excited to try them. 

Woofers and Teeters: I kind of suspected that you might be leading me that way.  Thanks, that was very gracious of you.  

13 minutes ago, MK 600 said:

Woofers and Teeters: I kind of suspected that you might be leading me that way.  Thanks, that was very gracious of you.  

NP. Just making conversation. Scammers wouldn't mention Project One, let alone know about Playback. Welcome to the forum. I would love to have the speakers that you're buying. 

There is a rule that you have to share pictures after you get them set up (and there will be harsh words posted if something is placed on top of the cabinets 😉). 

14 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

@MK 600

This will be a seamless transaction for you. Mike is a stand up guy. I am currently using his old lascalas that I bought from him. You won’t be disappointed.

So you're the one! If it is the LS IIs I drooled, but could not pull off the deal:mellow:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There is a rule that you have to share pictures after you get them set up (and there will be harsh words posted if something is placed on top of the cabinets 😉). 

LOL!!!  Uh, no.  I would never commit such sacrilege.  😱  The only thing anyone might ever see placed on/over these speakers is protective covers.  😎

• Like 2

On 2/12/2024 at 8:10 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Scammers wouldn't mention Project One, let alone know about Playback. Welcome to the forum...

Not only is Chuck not a scammer, turns out he & I both worked for the same company in different offices. Small world!

The Cornwalls are now heading to East Tennessee where they will not be used as plant stands!

Thanks again Chuck!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MK 600 said:

LOL!!!  Uh, no.  I would never commit such sacrilege.  😱  

38 minutes ago, michaelwjones said:

Not only is Chuck not a scammer, turns out he & I both worked for the same company in different offices. Small world!

The Cornwalls are now heading to East Tennessee where they will not be used as plant stands!

Thanks again Chuck!

I have had Heresy, Quartet, Forte, Chorus II (x2), and CF-4 that got here with the obligatory water rings. I didn't mean anything personal by my remark. 

Congrats to you both. 

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I  didn't mean anything personal by my remark. 

We all knew that.

I had considered putting bric a brac all over the tops but

a) I wasn’t sure he’d see the humor &

b) I would have needed to remove the covers from the tops 😎

• Like 1